iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saturday morning quickie

Started by flip, August 20, 2007, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip

Did this job on Saturday.  Charged him $200 which included end seal, stacking strips and 4x4s to stack his lumber.  We got about 370bf out of 4 cherry logs.  The worst part is he didn't touch one board, didn't have the logs lined up and he whined about the bill. ::)

The set up was less than ideal, we had to redrag the logs to get them in line but on the upside we made him some nice wide boards :)  John was anxiously waiting the next board in the last pic.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

logwalker

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please that guy. :D
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

flip

He wanted to stack it in his basement to dry :o  I said, OK as long as wife liked bugs in the house.  And to think I got a strange look.  I love Mr. New Woodworker. :D

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: flip on August 20, 2007, 12:16:21 PM
He wanted to stack it in his basement to dry

I sure hope he likes a damp basement ::)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

derhntr

Did not know what to expect from this title, :o
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

flip

Keepin' ya on your toes and mind out of the gutter ;)

crtreedude

Quote from: derhntr on August 20, 2007, 03:56:35 PM
Did not know what to expect from this title, :o

Neither did I but I figured if it hadn't been hauled off to the woodshed it was probably okay. :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

scgargoyle

I read the title too fast, and thought it was about quiche. I'm still waitin' fer the recipe...
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Part_Timer

Some guys just don't respect another mans hard days work.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Don P

flip

dad2nine

The up side is you smelled real good after cutting that cherry. First time I cut some, I walked in the house and my wife asked me why I smelled so good  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!