iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mill Has Been a Bit Quiet Lately

Started by tcsmpsi, August 20, 2007, 10:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

Fortunately, not long ago I was able to win a couple of pretty good accounts.  Having spent a great deal of money last year (and this year too, it seems  :o), I have had to concentrate on income more than other, not quite so pressing matters. 

What little time I have had otherwise, has been spent lately in adding on to the house.

I have added on about 400 sq ft of living area, and about 300 sq ft of deck.  I've about got the outside done, but still have quite a bit of inside yet to do. 

What I've gotten thusfar:

View from the front door:

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

Did the little gum bumelia survive the expansion?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on August 20, 2007, 10:15:55 AM
Did the little gum bumelia survive the expansion?

Intentionally and with great affection.   ;)

Yesterday, since I had finished this weekend's class earlier than usual, I had marked a few trees for downing, mowed, trimmed, etc.  As the evening drew in, it clouded up and a nice breeze came through.  My wife and I were sitting out and took notice of the little bumelia and how well it was doing since I had cleared out more around it. 

Seems I may have remarked how quickly you had spotted it.    ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

Is that it on the right looking from the front door view?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

Yep!  Still quick to spot, eh?    :D

beenthere

Looks great. A lot of various ways to use your outdoor space with the roof over the deck.

Wonderin why the short steps on the deck..??  Seems someone might expect that step to go all the way across the opening and have a big surprise. :o  Something planned for that space?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brdmkr

I like the multiple levels on the deck.  If my wife sees that, she will want me to do the same.  Those 'short steps' do appear to be on purpose.  What have you got planned there?????
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

tcsmpsi

The "short steps" are for other people.  The smaller space with 'no step' is for me.  ;D

Notice the short steps are beside the rail.   For younger folks, like myself, all that just gets in the way.   :D

bedway

Great views off that deck. I also like the design and craftmanship!,,,bedway

tcsmpsi

Quote from: bedway on August 20, 2007, 02:28:13 PM
Great views off that deck. I also like the design and craftmanship!,,,bedway

With this yet being one of my most favoritist views, bedway...
;D

bedway

Yup,,,,i tend to agree with that :) Course my wife thinks im a little obsessed with mine. :D I just tell her (its a guy thing). She just shakes her head!!!!,,bedway

Norm

What a beautiful place TC.  :)

My mill is about the same distance apart from the house and is really considered part of the family. On that note I just traded off my pickup I'd had for 7 years. Kind of felt like I sold one of my kids.

tcsmpsi

Thanks, Norm.  We like it.   ;)  We treat it well, and it likes us. 

I know.  I traded one in the other day.  Went back down there the next day and told them I wanted it back.  Of all things, they though I was joshin'.   :D

This new one is 'great' and all, but it is different and going to take a while to settle in. 

Thank You Sponsors!