iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how to get noticed at the woodcutters show (anudder Logrite story)

Started by moosehunter, August 20, 2007, 07:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Friday my lovely bride and I went to the Booneville Woodsman show. I had ordered a 78" cant hook from Logrite so when we were getting ready to leave we chatted with Kevin for awhile then headed across the fair with all 78" of Logrite Blue over my shoulder and my wife in my ear saying " BE CAREFULL WITH THAT" every 3rd or fourth step! I never hit her with it ??? so I don't know why she kept saying that :D. I do believe that I put a dent in the frame-work of the Baker tent though.
That tent should be higher anyway :D
At one point my wife was standing in front of a booth holding the cant hook while I bought something. She happened to have on a t-shirt that matched the Logrite blue pretty close. I think she could have sold some Logrite tools ;)

Saturday we used that hook to turn a log on the mill that I could not have turned without it. The log was a hemlock 18' long and 20" on the small end 8) Couldn't have done it without that extra leverage.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

brdmkr

I need to try me one of those really LONG cant hooks.  So far, I have been able to turn the logs that I need to turn, BUT sometimes they sort of strain me to the max.  Another 30" of leverage ought to go a long way.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!