iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In case any of y'all come to visit Minnesota.

Started by CHARLIE, April 11, 2003, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

VEN TWO MINNESOTANS MEET oop nort on da lake fichen.

"Haydair."
"Lobuddy."
"Benearlong."
"Coplhours."
"Crieps, cetchenenny?"
"Yepgoddafew."
"Vairdaybitin?"
"Oberdair."
"Kindarday?"
"Valleyennordern."
"Ennysiztooum?"
"Cuplapowns."
"Oofda, bittenard?"
"Yanohowdeyar."
"Vahchaoozin? Dalindyrik?"
"Ohyeahdonchano."
"Fichenondaboddum?"
"Rydoopneardaboddum."
"Howdeeperya?"
"Bouttventyfeet."
"Oh, vachadrinkin?"
"Hadacouplabeers."
"Velligoddago."
"Tubad."
"Seeyaround."
"Yeahtakideeze."
"Guluck."
"Yoobetcha."
( If you can read this... you're a true Minnesotan!)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

It's know wonder we can converse so well, we yoopers  and youse guys in minnysota speak the same language.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ohsoloco

It's like listening to a Prairie Home Companion during the week  :D

Speaking of yoopers, I actually have a story...

About a month ago I went into one of the local bars, the one with the cheapest drinks and not the best atmosphere (well, I like the atmosphere).  Ran into a couple of pretty women that I met in there before (they're few and far between in this particular watering hole  ;)  ).   Anyhoo, we were talking for a while, and the one woman happens to mention that she's from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Of course, without hesitating, I just turn to her and say "you're a yooper?"   She was rather surprised that I knew this term....so the FF comes into conversation then  ;D

What's the best way to a lady yooper's heart?   ;)

Jeff

Mark M

I'd say it would be a smoked sucker and a six pack  :D

Dat use ta work wid the girls I went with.

Mark

Jeff

ya, but dem aint da kind ya marry. da marryun kind like da herring and da eldaberry wine.

ohsoloco

How did I know someone was going to say smoked suckers?  :D :D :D

I know she likes good beer...now I just need some suckers  ;D

Minnesota_boy

Geez Charlie, now that they all know that we talk regular, they will all want to come to Minnesota. :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

chet

Ya gots to be purty carefull, some of dem UPper class yooper gals prefers smoked whitefish to dem dar suckers.   :-/  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ohsoloco

She was wearing a nice pair of dirty bibs under her sweater  ;D   She was just showing me that they were working earlier in the day...honest  :D

chet

Mark M

Out here on da prairie we've got these Scandahoovian girls dat like da lutefisk. They're pretty darn good ;),
the girls are ok too :D

U-betcha!

ohsoloco

I saw a lutefisk eating contest on TV one time...can't remember how many pounds of the stuff the winner ate.  Isn't that stuff prepared with lye?   :-/

Mark M

Yep - I think they dry the fish and then soak it in lye (no sure though). I had some once when I was a kid at my friend's house. His mom cooked it in a white sauce of some kind and it was good. That was before I'd heard so many lutefisk jokes ;)

Mark

ohsoloco

My grandmother uses lye to make soap  :-X   Does the lye cook or cure the fish somehow?

Mark M

I don't know what it does exactly but lye (sodium hydroxide) is a good degreaser and it denatures proteins. This being the case I would expect it to dissolve oil and tenderize. This I know from elementary chemistry, it may or may not have anything to do with making lutefisk.

All the good Norwegians I know are in bed now so I can't even call to ask :D

CHARLIE

A lot of the Lutheren churches in Minnesota have Lutefisk dinners. You can also get Swedish Meatballs there. My advice...opt for the meatballs. Lutefisk is like eating fish flavored jello.  But I must admit. There are some up here that love it so much they pile it high on their plates and pour melted butter all over it and dang near eat their weight in it.  :o ::)  Yah, you betcha they do now. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ohsoloco

Fish-flavored jello, huh?  Well, I've eaten my share of souse, which is like pork flavored jello, 'cept there's chunks of meat suspended in there as well  :-X   Pour some vinegar on that...there's some good eatin'  ;D

Tom

dail_h

AHAAAAAA!!!!! Souse,now gentlemen there's a guy who is really cultured,and with vinegar too Why it's better'n lobster,if ya aint never had lobster.SOME KINDA GOOD SHO NUF ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

johncinquo

I thought he was gonna offer her his tin of copenhagen.  Now that's love, when you can bum a dip off yer princess.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

lamar

All this talk,what about the finlanders around NEWYORK MILLS MN. now they know how to butcher the english language. Sometimes I think I learned to spell up there but I was 40 when I got there. :P

Thank You Sponsors!