iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Capitols of State, Province, Region or Nation

Started by pigman, August 19, 2007, 02:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

I have a picture of my state capitol. I would like to see a picture of everyones capitol. It could be province, state,  region or national capitol. I have only seen four capitols ,so this is an easy way to see more, even if only with a picture. ;D

The capitol  of Kentucky is located in Frankfort.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Reddog

Furby

Now Reddog, stop messing with Bob's head!
We all know this is the real state capitol!

sawguy21

Certainly where all the serious thinking gets done. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

Reddog, thanks for the pictures. I am guessing that the pictures were taken at two different times of the year. ;) Furby, this thread is about the buildings, not about the people in the buildings. ::)

Bob

Reddog

Pigman,
Each is from a diffrent side . The snow is a dead give away eh.
I didn't take them just a couple I found that looked good. The last time I was there was when I was a kid.

DanG

I lived in Tallahassee, Florida's Capitol, for more than half my life, but I don't have a single picture of the capitol building.  Now, I gotta go to Tally-town tomorrow to do my Dad's yard and visit a while and eat some of Mama's cooking, but I ain't just about to fight that downtown traffic to get a pic of an old building. ::)  I'm pretty sure a Google search would pull up an acceptable image of it, though.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Our provincial capital is in Victoria, not far from here but the ferry is expensive. B.C parliament
It faces onto the harbor, a beautiful spot.

Haytrader

Haytrader

pigman

I appreciate the links to the Capitol pictures, but I was expecting more of you would have pictures that you had taken. I suppose most of you just took pictures of the polititions that reside there instead of the buildings. ;)

Bob

Furby

Sorry Bob, most of us are afraid we'll break our cameras if we take pics of the politicians there. :-\ :-\

sawguy21

I might have some b&w pictures taken about 40 years ago when I lived there. ;D

thecfarm

I would like to get you a picture of the one in Augusta today.I only live about 45 minutes away from there.It's only a small city.We like it that way in this neck of the woods.This is a interesting thread.I'm glad you started it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

I was in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 2004 and took this picture of the capitol.  I was told the capitol was the only one in the USA that was paid for before it was finished. :o

Bob

pigman

This time I am going to do it a little different. ;D I am going to put a picture of a capitol building and you get to guess the state and the town that the capitol is located.  The picture does not include the whole building, just the main center section.

I made it real easy to figure this out even if you have never seen the building . ;)

Bob

Haytrader

I don't know about the mystery picture.
The picture before looks like most of our county courthouses.

:D :D
Haytrader

pigman

Haytrader, maybe that is the reason they got it paid for so quick. ;D

Bob

DanG

Bob, I started to say that looks a lot like the Nebraska Capitol in Linkum.  I know that couldn't be it though.  You wouldn't have made it that easy.  Sure looks a lot like it, though.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

I did make it that easy. DanG gets the nonprize. 8)  If anyone had checked the title of the picture they would have found it titled " Nabraska Capitol". ;)  The wife did let me out of the county one time so I could see what was out there in the rest of the world.

Bob

crtreedude

Hmmm, pigman, you usually need a Passport to see the rest of the world, not sure Nebraska would qualify...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Haytrader

That DanG is one smart feller....or is it..................nope, better not say that.

;) :D
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!