iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diving LT70

Started by ARKANSAWYER, August 17, 2007, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Here's the deal.  Be just a sawing along with the LT70E 480 3ph and it will just start diving in the log.  Just like you hit the head down lever.  It will drop 2 to 3 inches some times before you can get it shut down.  (Them LT70's cut fast)  You talk about runing a few boards.  It happens at different times and places in the log.  It is not the blade, the whole head takes a dip.  Been checking stuff but can not find any thing wrong. 
  Also if you bump the mill hard or drop a log on it, it will loose power.  I have checked and re checked the wires and connections but have found nothing loose.  It will reset and go in just a minute or so and work fine till you bump it hard. 

So I was just checking to see if any other WM guys have had such problems.
ARKANSAWYER

Dan_Shade

does it have accuset?  that could be doing it.  bad connection or something in there.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tom

Maybe it has the "Nail Avoidance System".  :D

brdmkr

Quote from: Tom on August 17, 2007, 08:25:29 PM
Maybe it has the "Nail Avoidance System".  :D

If that is the case, I'll buy it from you!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Jeff

Sounds more to me like a Male annoyance system.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

I've seen an LT70 run, so I know you aren't falling asleep waiting for the cut and leaning on the down lever. :D It sounds like an electrical problem to me, seeing as both problems are controlled by the Accuset panel.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tom

My first BAker came with the "fat boy control" option.   when I was tired, my belly pushed on the Down lever. :D

Percy

I have a deisel LT70(over 4 years) and never had that particular problem. Mine is one of the early ones and dont have the high zoot gas shock to speed up and down head movement. Im only speculating here but it seems you may need to adjust your Accuset as said earlier. There are a whole bunch of parameters that can be set(read heavily the fat manual) to cure certain quirks allthough the one you describe is kinda unique. Once mine would fluctuate about a quarter inch up and down, all by it self. I read  alot and adjusted and no problems since. The Accuset is a very high zoot, complex system and can be finicky but works like a Hot Dang when its functioning properly. Ill bet Sparks  will have an answer for you... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

fstedy

I had a similar problem on my TK B-20 several months ago moisture had gotten into the up down switch. My switch has momentary up and down positions with a center off. Don't know how your LT 70 is configured to raise and lower but it could be in the switching in that circuit.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

big_sid

the losing power part, check the plugs in the cat track going into the power box, sometimes they can come loose, not all the way but loose enough to lose power.
never been so happy to be so broke

ARKANSAWYER

I am checking all the wire connections.  It is alot of wires to check.  I do not saw with the computer but James is starting to use it more and more as he figures it out.  I cut with the scragg and Wanda mostly.
ARKANSAWYER

LT40HDD51

Sounds to me like you need Sparks on the situation. There aint nothin WM electrical he cant get straightened out...  ;)
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

ARKANSAWYER

With all the 911 stuff and passport problems and such, Sparks would have to have a travel visa to travel this far south.  Then when he got to the Mason/Dixon line they would not believe his story about being headed to the Ozarks to help some hillbilly with a computer problem.  :D
ARKANSAWYER

LT40HDD51

;D

I was thinking about some help over the phone.

Quote from: Percy on August 17, 2007, 08:59:06 PM
...Im only speculating here but it seems you may need to adjust your Accuset as said earlier. There are a whole bunch of parameters that can be set(read heavily the fat manual) to cure certain quirks...

Talking to him can make all that seem like a breeze...
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

Thank You Sponsors!