Sponsors:

Old chainsaw

Started by Onthesauk, August 16, 2007, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

Old chainsaw on Seattle Craigslist today:

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sawguy21

Ugly enough to be a Mac smiley_horserider
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

RSteiner

You know I look at that saw today and think how cumbersome and heavy that looks.  Then I remember that the alternative was a hand saw or an axe.  I suppose that a person who worked with a hand saw and axe for a while developed the arm and back muscles to handle a power saw.

I had a Homelite saw that was made in the late 1950's that weighted around 35 pounds loaded with fuel and oil.  It was a good saw in its day but not one I wanted to do a lot of limbing work with.  My grandfather had an old David Bradley saw that was I think supposed to be a two man saw, one man rested while the other man cut. :D

I'll admit I'm spoiled with the weight of saws today I grab the lightest one first and only resort to the bigger saw when necessary. :)

Randy
Randy

sawguy21

Yep, those early ones were heavy, noisy and underpowered not to mention downright cantankerous. Apparently, loggers resisted them because of the noise and they were afraid of being put out of work. They did pave the way for the good tools we have today.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!