iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

photo thread for pigroast- trouble with pics ????

Started by isawlogs, August 16, 2007, 04:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Is or are any of you having trouble with some of the pics on this thread , ???
I am, some pics are actualy shutting down my computer , now before going off and having my computer looked at I was wundering if I was the only one .  :-\

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

DR_Buck,  we have traced a problem to your photos. What are you using for compression?  Some of the fancy dancy cameras and software use jpg 2000  compression but many many Browsers do not yet support the compression.  were trying to find out what is going on.

Only pages with your new photos are effected. We tried viewing the photos directly outside of the webpages, and they do the same thing to people that are having trouble.

If your having trouble, viewing the photo thread, please let me know here and give me the browswer and version you are using. (found under your help/about  button on your broswer toolbar)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Its all in french on my computer ...  :-\  I have no idea what you are asking  :-[ :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave Shepard

I have Firefox 1.0 and all of the pictures are working for me.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Only need to hear from those that have trouble, but thanks Dave. It will be easier to sort out that way. :)

I have a hunch the problem is going to be effecting just a small group, but if we can correct it by having Dr change his compression technique, we should do it.

I'm going to down load his photos, recompress, then over-write the old to see if the problem goes away. I'll let you know when I have it done Marcel so you can test it.

Jeff

OK Marcel, I just re-did bucks 28 photos. See if they shut your browser down now...

beenthere

Jeff
Only thing I noticed was that Dr_Bucks photos were not as clear as others that were posted. I thought it might have to do with them being smaller file sizes .... IE 6 for me.

They were darker too (and not my monitor this time... :) )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

The photos were actually crashing browsers for some reason. They won't now as I reformatted all of them. Its not clear to me yet what was going on other then some sort of strange compression/file format that some browsers could not interpret.

isawlogs

8) 8) 8) 8)  
Well that did it , I can see those nice pics , thanks a lot Jeff .
I dont think my computer has ever been shut down open rebooted kicked clean out so many times in such a short period ...  :o

Sure hope what ever caused it to happen can be looked at before it happens again ,  :-\  

Marcel

isawlogs

:-\ :-\
Page nine loaded up , took a while but thats fine , theres a lot of pics there ... Went to look at page 8 .....   :'(  I got shut down there ....  ya might have missed one ....  :-[

Marcel

Jeff

I might have. Try again. I went back through all of them on page 8 again.

Dave Shepard

Some how I knew you were going to say that. :) Just trying to establish a baseline. Or something. I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll let you know if I figure it out. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley

Jeff take a break , I am,  I dont need to see those pics that badly ....  I just went and got me a ginger ale and pretend that I am having a Bleue ,  pepsi_smiley

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!