iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Additional Geo-Thermal Info

Started by submarinesailor, August 15, 2007, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

As good number of you know, I was at the main energy show for all of the federal government (Gov Energy 2007) last week in New Orleans.

While there I made it a point to look up and refresh a good number of my energy contacts that I had not seen or spoken with in several years.  One of there gentlemen is Jack DiEnna, Executive Director of the Geothermal National & International Initiatives Inc.  In the past, Jack had informed me of a contract that he had with the Dept of Energy (DOE) to provide geothermal engineering/consulting to anyone who contacted him requesting it.  I asked him if he still had that contract or one like it with DOE.  He looked me in the eye and stated, "if anyone needed geothermal engineering, he could get it for them.  So, if you need it here is Jack's info – tell him I sent you:

John (Jack) P. DiEnna Jr.
Executive Director
1615 M. Street N.W.
Suite 800
Washington, DC  20036

610-659-4998
jdienna@geo-nii.org
Their web site is:  www.geo-nii.org

When I looked at their web site, I found this geo-thermal technical report from the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL):  NREL Geo-Thermal Report.  Don't know if it will be of any use to you guys or not – hope so.

Part of the good news from my bosses, is that I may be on the steering committee for next year's show (Gov Energy 2008) in Phoenix, AZ.

If you have any questions or comments, PLEASE let me know.

Bruce

scsmith42

Bruce, that report makes interesting reading.  Thanks for sharing the link.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

rockingjl

Bruce,will the show in Phoenix be open to the public and will it have info on geo thermal systems, specilly for the south west? Thanks, Jeff

submarinesailor

Jeff,

Usually they allow free access to the vendor display floor, but not to the training tracks or sidebars.  If I'm appointed to the steering committee like I was told I would be.  I'll be able get you in to the floor with no problems.  But one step at a time.  Will keep you informed as I know more.

Bruce

rockingjl

Hey Bruce. Any updates on the GOV ENERGY 2008 show in Phoenix? Thanks,Jeff

submarinesailor

Not yet, But I'll ask about it tomorrow.

Bruce

rockingjl

Hey Bruce. I found a website,(www.govenergy2008.com) It shows a listing for the first part of August. (I don't know why anyone would come to Phoenix in August. Glutton for punishment comes to mind.)
We have an air conditioning contractor coming tomorrow to quote replacing our existing unit and also providing info on A geothermal set up. Our home is on an acre and we water with irragation, so we have the area to run the underground lines. I am curious to see the price difference. Later for now,Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!