iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG, not gonna get any knitting done tonight!

Started by asy, August 15, 2007, 09:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Aparrently, da boss has favoured us with a YOOPER NIGHT !

Now, instead of knitting, I gotta hang around here and see who's gonna be the first to complain that their post has been 'adulterated'.

Should be fun.

I do, however, have to go knit coz I gotta finish this piece before next week... 

I'll check back soon!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

isawlogs

Knitting  ???   Isn't your winter 'bout over  ???  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

asy

Marcel...  Mon dear...

Knitting is not only restricted to WINTER!  Gosh!!!

I am doing some 'contract knitting' for a shop, knitting up samples for them in exchange for wool. It's feeding my addiction.

Hi, I'm asy, and I'm a wool addict...

I only wish I could get my hands on some 1 ply alpaca...  hmmm... the holy grail of wool...  one day...

BBTom

You have a farm now, you just need a couple alpacas and a spinning wheel.   ;D  Then YOU could be selling that expensive stuff.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

asy

Funny you should mention that, I do spin.

Andy's dad, who I adore, is a magnificent woodworker and is making me a spinning wheel!  8) 8) 8)

He was making the wheel as a project (at his wood turning group) working out how to make a wheel, and asked me whether I might like a spinning wheel. Well, you can imagine he hadn't even finished the sentence before I was bouncing around with glee! So, he's going to make the whole spinning wheel for me, instead of just doing the wheel-project.

I'm looking forward to having a house big enough to keep a spinning wheel in. Also looking forward to reclaiming my piano out of Andy's Dad's workroom (coz my house is too small for it), but that's a whole 'nuther story.

flip

Asy, do you get mean when you knitt?

I'm asking because Lori, my girl friend, knitts and she can get MEAN at times.  I thought it was supposed to be relaxing or something like that but WOW.  I have been yelled at because I was NEAR to her yarn ball that was on the couch.  It was my fault when she dropped a stitch (even though I was at least 15 feet away).  She is working on some pillows right now that she plans to sell at the local "Rag Pickers" store.  I know if I see her knitting needles out I stay away.....far away. ;D
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

asy

Flip,

I don't get mean.

If'n someone were to get me angry they'd sure know about it. But it happens VERY VERY rarely. And it's usually only my kids that manage the feat.

I've been knitting so long and so much that it's really rare that I drop a stitch and, even if I do, it's not a great problem, just pick it up and keep on knitting.

Maybe make you're other half a nice wool holder? That'll fix the problem...  (A small box, with a lid, and a 'keyhole' in the lid that extends to the edge, let me know if you want me to draw you a pic of it).

tim1234

Quote from: asy on August 16, 2007, 05:25:21 AM
I am doing some 'contract knitting' for a shop, knitting up samples for them in exchange for wool. It's feeding my addiction.

Hi, I'm asy, and I'm a wool addict...

I only wish I could get my hands on some 1 ply alpaca... hmmm... the holy grail of wool... one day...

asy,

You and my wife should get together.  She has a whole box of hand dyed yarns and some single ply 70% alpaca/30% Merino.  She runs a yarn coop and gets yarn from all over the world (and ships all over too).

She is a serious yarn addict and it does seem to get worse when the temp goes down and woodburner is fired up ;)

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

asy

OK, Tim, I'm officially excited. See your pm's. :D

flip

A yarn box/bin/closet would be nice since the stuff is sprawled all over the couch and living room and coffee table.  The stuff she uses is from argentina but I forget the name.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Thank You Sponsors!