iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special thanks

Started by Jeff, August 13, 2007, 08:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I would like to thank everyone that came to the 2007 Forestry Forum pigroast. Special thanks goes to all of those that helped with things and that was everyone. :D   An extra special thanks goes out to those that one again brought or sent door prizes for the event. Some I dont know, some I do, but I want to thank each of you, but single out the sponsors in this thread that really went all out.

Thanks to Bailey's for another grand gift.  They sent along an electric woodsplitter.  The raffle ticket winner of the splitter was Joe Wade of Harrison MI.  Joe and wife Carol have attended every pig roast. They help set up, loan us tables and contribute to parking space for over flow parking. Joe and Carol do not have a computer, but are the most faithful offline members I think we could ever have.

I'll slip another picture in here. This is Carol wade getting DUNKED! ;D

What can I say about Steve Beecraft? Our very own Burlkraft and sponsor Eggimann. Steve wanted to come to the Pigroast more then anyone this year. Way before the developments that kept him from coming he purchased the door prize to be sent by Eggimann. A very complete Stihl chainsaw outfit. Saw, case, gloves, oil mix, bar oil, files, wedges, the whole nine yards. Steve is a great supporter and friend to the Forestry Forum and has become a dear personal friend to me. Even with out the mustache, ya gotta love him. ;)

The winner drawn from the tickets for the chainsaw outfit turned out to be another "offline" member. Peggy Patrick from the U.P.  She came alone this year as her Husband Lyle had other commitments so Peggy says "SEE YA! I'm goin wit outcha!"  Lyle and Peggy are also supporters of the forum. It was fun to watch Peggy when her name was drawn. She was gasping and could hardly talk when she came up. :D  Very unlike a yooper. :D

Don't fear that the winner is a gal. Peggy and Lyle cut thier own fire wood and peggy tells me she has he own personal saw. Its an older husky that has its issues, but lyle aint allowed to use it. She says that he aint even going to be allowed to LOOK at this one. :D

When we drew the ticket, we did it sorta backwards. We had everyone stand up that had a ticket thats last 3 numbers started with a 3 I believe.  We then had everyone sit down that did not include one of the next two numbers that I can recall. I fiugred at that point that our resident husky fan, Corley5 might get converted as he was still in the running.  We called the last number and it turned out to be a very happy Peggy Patrick.

I gave a holler to WDH asking what he was doingback there as we got ready to draw. He said he was wearing his chainsaw Rally Cap. :D

MORE THANK-YOUS IN A BIT! TAMMY SAYS MY SUPPER IS READY! ;D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Onward!

As always, our friends from Wood-Mizer were on hand with boxes and boxes of freebies. They also had two gift certificates on hand good for a box of Ten free blades, and after the drawing sparks announced that anyone that left him their name and blade requirements would be sent two free blades. I've been told that those blades were sitting on the steps waiting for some members before they even got home.  Aint that sumpthin? :)  The Wood-Mizer gang also brought "Little Nemo" along to put on a short show tailored just for the Forestry Forum. You will be seeing much more of that elsewhere I promise. ;D

Kevin and Tammy and Family of LogRite Tools were once again at the Pig roast. Tammy and I can't begin to tell you how special this family is to us and the Forestry Forum. We can't wait until the next time we will get to meet, and always hate it when its time to part.
Once again LogRite tools really did it up for the Forestry Forum drawing. They brought along a very special "Tamiam Pink" Junior Log arch. We actually had 3 winners for that arch the way I look at it. First, the Forestry Forum for getting to give it away. Second, was the first name we drew, which was that of Paul_H.  Paul donated the arch back to be drawn again, and this prize, once again, was won by an "offline" forum member.  I guess will call him "Grampa StumpJumper"  as he is the Stump Jumper's Father.  I'll bet he finds lots of uses for it and I sure hope he has no plans on painting it a different color. Its a very special arch and Pink stands for Forestry Forum Pride in this case. :)   Thank again to our favorite pink and blue people.  ;)

Again, thank you to EVERYONE that came, donated., moved tables, helped clean up, or simply watched from a far. We can't wait until next year to do it again. In fact, I better get that count down started eh? ;)

Pig Roast 2008: 355 more days!
August 2nd 2008!

Jeff

Holy Wah! I almost fergot. I meant to insert my Paul meets Harry Potter image in where I mentioned His name being drawn first. Now tell me, is he bringing the donuts Sunday morning, or making off with them. :D

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Furby

I'm not sure who scares who!
:D :D :D

Paul_H

Doughnuts make my Brown eyes Blue.

WDH

The Chainsaw-Rally-Cap did not work this year.......There is always next year 8).  I will be there ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

That Paul is one heck of a guy...picture not withstanding. :D

I'll tell a quick story about why I say that. Patty and I arrived late to the pig roast a few years back. We walked up while they were drawing for prizes and Paul greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He gave me his ticket for the drawing as we'd come too late to get one. Our late member Mark had donated a couple of hats from Cat and sure enough I won. I went to give Paul one but he declined saying to keep them. Nope got two, you get one and I get one. Still wear it every day as it's one of my favorites for working.  :)

Paul_H

Norm,

is that the hat that has " Caterpillar used equipment" on the front?

That was the hat I wore to the roast this year  :)

Norm

It is Paul, and for some reason I haven't lost it after all these years. It does hold a special sentimental value for many reasons. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!