Previous topic - Next topic

KarenKae

Quote from: thurlow on August 14, 2007, 01:11:41 PM
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

I think this means that I don't wait on the Lord..........
My prayer................... "Lord, give me patience,  NOW!!!"

OH NO!!! Don't pray for patience!!!...
The Lord will send all kinds of people and things for you to PRACTICE on!!!!
:D ...
Karen

thurlow

Quote from: KarenKae on August 14, 2007, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: thurlow

OH NO!!! Don't pray for patience!!!...
The Lord will send all kinds of people and things for you to PRACTICE on!!!!
:D ...
Karen

He sent me the whole dad-gummed Forestry Forum to pract-ize on, or............maybe the devil sent it.   ;D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

crtreedude

We have an English Cocker Spaniel who is a little more than a year old. Very smart and super playful. Easy to train. One issue is that you better have control on them because they are territorial and protective. Once someone is introduced, not an issue, but until then, keep your distance.

Loves to play catch - he will wear you out chasing the ball. Silky is solid glossy black, with a white chest - looks elegant - but doesn't act like it. Looks like a dog in a tux - but plays like a boy in a tux with no one looking.  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

TexasTimbers

Yea I pray for other people who have to deal with me, to have the patience! :D

Like a feller in da far left north who thinks I have forgot him - but I just ain't got around to it yet. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

sawguy21

Zundapp, I have some great memories of a Great Pyrenees when I was a young'un. She would tolerate a lot then go hide in the bush and come home covered in burrs. My dad would get furious when she would go patrol the town then sit outside his high school shop waiting for a ride home at 3:30  8) The most gentle dog I have ever met.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brucer

And don't forget about your (pet) food budget when choosing a dog ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

isawlogs

I or we have five cats in the house and two dogs , my yellow lab and a Bouvier Bernois I dont know of the english name for it ... :-\  but if you googleit  with pics , you'll get an idea . both are great dogs , one you cant throw enough balls or sticks .. the other is really good at ....  well  laying around .
  The cats , well their amusing ... at the very least , I do have one here that is 20 years old , soon to be 21 .   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

Marcel your Bouvier Bernois looks just like the Bermese Mountain dog my son brought home from Germany with him. They are a great dog! She pretty much spends her day laying on the front stoop of their house enjoying the shade.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

isawlogs

Yep, I went and looked at the Bermese Mountain dog and it sure is Cloé , and you discribed her daily activity well ...  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Quartlow

Quote from: isawlogs on August 16, 2007, 03:55:25 PM

Yep, I went and looked at the Bermese Mountain dog and it sure is Cloé , and you discribed her daily activity well ...  :D

I should have finished reading the thread before I went off on a tear to find out what it was  :D
I figured it was a Bernese Mountain dog. I figure thats going to be the next one. Neighbor has one and he is a great dog.

QuoteA registered breeder is required to give you registration papers and cannot offer to sell you a dog with no papers for less. If someone wants to steer you away from the paperwork, don't count on getting a sound dog from them.

More importantly, go to a breeders past customers, if he has repeat customers that have bought dogs several years apart. Chances are registered or not that person is a good breeder. Look at their operation.
Just because someone Breeds part time as a hobby and doesn't always register the pups doesn't make them a poor breeder. Thats like saying a part time mill operator makes junk lumber.

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

asy

The other thing to remember is, a part time breeder is usually otherwise employed, and therefore not necessarily dependant on breeding animals to survive. That said, they can often put more thought into their breeding when the dollar isn't the underlying thought.

I used to breed cats (I think I said that already) and was definitely a 'part time breeder' and my animals were always pampered and adored. I only sold to people I thought would make good 'parents' to my babies.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!