iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill gates open ?

Started by Ed_K, August 08, 2007, 09:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I read in one of the logging magazines that the mills are looking for logs. Have any of you had calls for wood? I'm still on a quota of one load per week at one mill and none at the other. I'd really like to find a sawdust grinder and make dust for our local farmers. Their the only ones that can't get what they need.
Ed K

Frickman

Around here they're looking for logs, but aren't raising their prices to get them. There are alot of guys with timber bought who are sitting on it until the prices maybe come up this coming winter. I'm only cutting what I need for my solid orders until fall.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

a old timberjack

i cannot give pine away around here.mills will take oak but they will not pay much, but as usual they are looking for tie logs but very LOW DOLLARS per thousand.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Dave Shepard

I had one of our tree service guys come in trying to unload about 6mbf of nice pine. He couldn't get anyone to buy them. They were from a lot clearing, not yard trees. I was going to try and get the boss to buy them, but he apparently is trying to get to Sturgis SD, one break down at a time. ::) There was a concentration yard near here that was doing big business, but I hear they have folded.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Mills around here are hurting for logs to the point that prices have crept up a bit.  Still not many sawlogs being cut.  I know of two firms that laid their crews off til stain season is over.  I've been processing firewood with the plan of heading back to the woods in mid Sept.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!