iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

seat for a 1976 pettibone skidder

Started by babylogger, August 03, 2007, 08:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylogger

hope you guys can help. as far as i can figure the model is a mule or a mountain goat? does that make sense? my dad and brother have been looking everywhere for one. so does anyone have any suggestions on where we can maybe look? i thought if anyone knew you guys /gals would. thanks in advance.
love logger

jokers

If you can`t find a replacement you can always fabricate a seat pan and have it upholstered, probably end up being nicer than the OEM seat.

Sawyerfortyish

I have a 74 TJ 230 and have redone the seat mount to fit many differant seats. A few minuets with a tourch and welder and I make whatever I find fit. I have had everything from a lawnmower seat to a bucket seat from a small car. The main seat mount in my TJ unbolts with 4 bolts so I take it right out and into my shop. If you do any welding on your skidder be very careful about the sparks getting into to dry debri in the belly pan.

Ed_K

My 72 Taylor skidder has a nice comfy bucket seat on it. Go to the junk yard $10.
Ed K

jokers

You can always go to a truck dealer and get yourself a nice suspended Air Ride seat with a nylon cover, your sacroiliac will thank you.  ;)

palogger

check out northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company and equipment master catalog they will have what you need.  If you want to stay with original equip.,  I have a pettibone seat but the cost for redoing it would be more than you can buy it for out of this catalog.

jokers

Quote from: palogger on August 07, 2007, 11:04:22 AM
check out northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company and equipment master catalog they will have what you need.  If you want to stay with original equip.,  I have a pettibone seat but the cost for redoing it would be more than you can buy it for out of this catalog.
One thing to consider is that most if not all of the replacement seats offered by Northern et al are lightweight and probably not up to the stresses faced by the seat on a skidder. Having the original seat redone with a good dural density foam and maybe even some springs might not be cheaper but it will probably be better.

babylogger

thank you for all of your help and suggestions..my brothers back will appreciate it and i appreciate your help
love logger

Thank You Sponsors!