iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of shoes you wear to protect your feet and toes from injury

Started by alsayyed, August 08, 2007, 02:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

I do not know if this subject has been discussed before. What do you normally wear to protect your feet and  toes from injury? I wear a safety shoes but do not like the lace, because I go in and out of the house sometimes   I do not want to drag some dirt of wood or some welding small particles into the carpet.  I have looked in the internet for working shoe. The one I am looking for small boot without lace.  I have found without lace but mostly big boots like the one they wear in Western movies. So could anybody recommend good shoes for all occasion of works with steel toes?

Faron

www.grundmanshoe.com  Look at the Wellington style boots.  Is that what you had in mind?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

rebocardo

www.sportsmansguide.com

It is not listed on their web site, but, if you call you can get the Bates steel toed boots, lace in the front, zip on the side. I usually buy those instead of anything else. Mostly so I do not track stuff into my house or my customers. Plus, they feel good walking. Very soft gummy sole, might not last too long in 120 degree heat. I know the 100 degree heat here is wears out the soles fast. I still like them more then any other steel toe zipper boot so far.

SMG sells their own line now (probably why the Bates is not listed on the website)

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=249203

Just order them 1-2 sizes larger then needed

You can find the Rock Fall waterproof steel toe boots with zippers on E-bay. I just bought a pair, I will let you know how they wear.

I think I will end up liking the Bates boots the best. I bought the Sportsman Guide version of Bates. Too bad the sizes are WAY off, I have to return them. So, I decided to try something off E-Bay.

I can tell you without a doubt, avoid velcro straps. They do not last and can get clogged qick with sawdust and wood curls.

Ed_K

Wear your regular boots and buy some lace in zippers. Should be able to get them at any shoe repair shop. I always used them in my service boots.
Ed K

amberwood

lace ups for logging, sawmilling..but blundstone or rossi slip ons for workshop etc where you are back and forth from the house or need to kick them off hands free.

http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/catalogue_details.asp?prodID=23

only AUD$65 at the hardware etc.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Warren

Alsayyed,

When I worked on the ambulance, many of the EMT's would use the lace-in zippers that Ed_K mentioned to allow quick-on/quick-off with their duty boots.

There is a company named "Galls" that sells EMS and Police gear to the public.  They have a specific category for zipper boots, many of which have steel toes.  Not certain about shipping to your location.  But if you find a brand/style that works for your situation (URL listed below), you might be able to find a distributor for that brand that is closer to your location.

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2804

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

rebocardo

>  Rock Fall waterproof steel toe boots

I got them today, they are nice boots. BUT, even with two zippers they are not an easy on or off, you can't easily zipper them up if they are laced. They do not really "open" up, just lets you expand the leather more.

So, I will probably wear them when felling trees and take them off once at the end of the day. But, stick to the Bates for now. I might try the zip-ins. I didn't know they existed ...  :)

These boots have a firefighting symbol (guy with a hose and hard hat putting out a fire inside a square) and are steel toed. So, I guess they means they can be used for fighting fires and are steel toed.

Thank You Sponsors!