iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need a new bar & chain for my stihl 034

Started by sbishop, August 05, 2007, 09:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

Hi looking for a new 16" bar for my 034. Any suggestions on make and model? I see Ebay has some "Forester" never heard tell of them..

Should I go for 3/8 or .325? whats the difference? thanks for any suggestions!

Sbishop

limbrat

I had a 034super for almost 20yrs that pulled a 20" good enuff.  It came with a solid tip bar but i changed it to a oregon roller tip and it did great. Kept it greased and went through three tips in the time i had it but never replaced the bar. Planed to replace the bar the next time. The saw never died it just walked off. 3/8 and .325 refers to distance between rivets in the chain 3/8 x.50 is probably the most common chain size used and will be the easiest to service and find parts bars, sprockets, tips for. If you cut a lot of small stuff brush and limbs the .325 has a smaller bite and may be less grabbie than the 3/8. Sorry im not familar with a forester bar.
ben

SawTroll

Quote from: sbishop on August 05, 2007, 09:21:00 PM
Hi looking for a new 16" bar for my 034. Any suggestions on make and model? I see Ebay has some "Forester" never heard tell of them..

Should I go for 3/8 or .325? whats the difference? thanks for any suggestions!

Sbishop

Rollomatic E is prolly the best laminated bars around, and the lightest - Oregon Pro-Lite is a good option also, heavier, but usually a lot cheaper.

I'd stay away from the RSN bars in that length, but that's just me......
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!