iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TOY RECALL

Started by IMERC, August 01, 2007, 08:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMERC

Fisher-Price to Recall Nearly 1M T

i couldn't get the link to post... sorry people...

maybe this will work...

Toy recall...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

TexasTimbers

Just let them try and take my Tonka Toys. You ain't seen the Fighting Irish until they try and take my little yellow bulldozer with working blade and real, moving tracks.  boxingsmiley
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Carries-Mom

My daughters first birthday is gettin' close (August 22), and now I don't know what toys to buy her....I mean, who knows what other toys are going to be recalled....I reckon I'll come up with something, just not sure what!!! dangle_smiley ::) ::)

SwampDonkey

I know we don't want to slide backwards, but I played and millions of other kids played with that very stuff they ban today. Only it was ok back in the 60's and 70's, made on our own turf.

If you think that vynal siding is so safe on your house ask the people working in those factories. It will eventually be banned, mark my words. We'll be back to wood once again. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WH_Conley

Hey Swampdonkey, have you heard the song on the country stations "Here we are anyway"? I think thats the name anyhow.
Bill

SwampDonkey

Never heard it. Who sings it? Maybe there is a clip on http://www.allmusic.com .
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

Add another to the list of shoddy, dangerous products from China. >:(  Maybe we will soon learn to avoid that "Made in China" label.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

TexasTimbers

I think they are getting the correct number of Stars and Bars on the American flags that they make over there, and sell back to us.  Give them some credit. ::)

I wonder how many people realize how much of our money goes straight into the Chinese military machine? They are the only nation on the verge of being our next Iron Curtain superpower. Arguably, they already are.

Of course, the Japanese, unknown to 99% of the world at large, are quietly rearming themselves with the U.S.' tacit blessing. A rearmed Japan is easily in the best interest of the U.S. - at least in the short term.

Okay I have done it. I have taken a well-meaning post and dragged it down into a China-bashing response. Ain't the internet wonderful. :o

It's SDs fault. He knew he get me going. :)

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Carries-Mom

I went to a couple of stores yesterday afternoon, and you wouldn't believe all of the "recalled" toys that are still on the shelves.  It's not like the employees were busy.  They were all standing around gossiping...I hope a child doesn't get hurt or sick because the store wasn't doing their job... >:(

Patty

At one year old your little girl would love a handstitched little doll or stuffed animal. Local farmer's markets usually have folks that bring handmade crafts, you may want to check them out. If you sew, the local fabric store or Walmart, will have several patterns for little animals and dolls with all sorts of soft cuddly fabrics. Some patterns are very complex, but you can certainly find many that are very simple and easy to make. You and Carrie will enjoy the homemade toy far more and it will probably last longer than what you can find at the store.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Carries-Mom

That was going to be my next move...Hopefully, I won't be working next weekend and can go check out a few places I've been wanting to go to...I've been doing my best to tell family to use their best judgment for gifts, but also told them they don't have to bring anything but themselves... ;D

Jim_Rogers

Make them a toy out of your own wood, and they'll love it......
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Norm

Jim makes a good point. One of my sons favorite toys growing up was a set of blocks my dad made for them. All he did was take some 2x4's and cut them into various building block shapes, sanded the corners and used a safe finish. We were talking about it recently and both boys said how much fun they were.

Maybe get Uncle Ed to make up a set when he has some free time. :)

Carries-Mom

Uncle Ed never seems to have free time, but that is a good idea...Wish we had some free time, but both of us working and trying to find time to finish our siding on our house and now gettin' the dodge fixed.... ::) ::) ::)  It never ends!! :D :D :D

Norm

I know how you feel. It's easy for me to forget what it's like raising children, working, and having stuff like vehicle accidents all come together. Even now I get home from work sit down in the chair and have zero ambition to do anything else.

Now Harold's not do anything but lounging in CR....lets get him to do it. ;D

Carries-Mom

Works for me....get grandpa in on the project with all of that nice wood he has just laying around!!! :D :D :D

IMERC

Quote from: kevjay on August 04, 2007, 07:48:00 AM

Okay I have done it. I have taken a well-meaning post and dragged it down

I don't think so...
more folks have to get a bit more anxious before results show....

now today I read in the paper about the massive recall and hunt for lead coated children's jewelery that has been on going for almost two years...
the sad part is that there is still hundreds of millions of pieces still out there across the US unaccounted for....

this is our kids we're talkin' about here...

greed sucks...

Fla._Deadheader

I already gave Carrie my gift.

I got her a VERY annoying battery operated keyboard.  :D :D :D :D

Poor Aunt Teri has it at her house.

This thing has it's own "Beats", tunes, other annoying noises, AND, you can pound the keys to add to the misery.  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Carrie LOVES it.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawguy21

Having fun getting even with your kids?  :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fla._Deadheader

;) ;) :D :D :D 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

metalspinner

It's getting to be about rocking horse time.  Maybe just a little ahead of the curve there, but Christmas is just around the corner.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Fla._Deadheader

Bought a book off fleabay. How to make rockers, sticks, and Carousels.  :) :) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Teri

the batteries are still going strong in that keyboard! ;D  The first thing Carrie does when she gets here ,is go around and check this place out,making sure nothing is out of place and nothing new has been added. Then she heads to the keyboard and starts banging on it.  :D  its not too annoying, and as long as Miss Carrie is happy, then Aunt Teri is happy! :D :D :D :D

Carries-Mom

As long as Aunt Teri and Carrie are happy, then I'm happy... 8) 8)  Can't believe Carrie turns one in another 11 days....seems like we just brought her home from the hospital yesterday...We're havin' the family over on the 25th to celebrate her birthday...should be lots of fun... ;D ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!