iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please be careful!

Started by Jeff, July 31, 2007, 11:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Every year about this time I start to worry and the worrying wont end for about ten days or so.  Many of our members are beginning to hit the road from all over North America to head for the Pig Roast here in Harrison. Please, PLEASE, be extra careful in your travels this year. Tammy and I look forward to your visits and know that many of you come from so far away. Stay well rested as you drive, and PULL OVER to use the DanG cell phones!  You cant worry about being late cause there is no such thing as late here when it comes to our friends arriving.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

So, how did I end up here anyway?

johncinquo

Why didnt ya say that last week!

We hit a deer on Friday night, on the motorcycle!    I have a bad sprain/minor fracture in my ankle. we both have lots of bumps and bruises, but overall going to be OK.  The bike might be repairable, have to get at it when I can get around again and see what all needs to be fixed and if there is any major damage. 

Dang deer just walked out right in front of us.  I slowed as much as possible and tried to go around the back side of it. It figured out what I was doing, and turned around and headed back the way it came.  Went for a squirrely ride, almost had it all straightened out, but hit the gravel and it was all over.  We ended up in gravel and then down a hill.  The grass was wet so I couldnt get the bike back up the hill after I got it up and started.   Pretty much NO ONE stopped for us.  Finally got someone to stop and got a ride into town.  The local police were total jerks, the joys of small town life sometimes... 

We'll be there!  My injury makes it easy to ask for help getting a cool drink from the ice chest. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Jeff

I think you should be able to sit on the dunk plank too...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

asy

Doesn't sound like he's gonna be doing too much running around, so, sitting on the dunk plank sounds like the perfect 'job' for him...

Hope your ankle heals well.

Careful everyone! It'll be quiet around here without all of you!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

sawguy21

Glad you are o.k. John. That could have been a LOT worse.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cedarman

Sawing straight is one thing, but throwing straight is something else.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

John, glad you oth are ok.  When deer and motorcycles meet generally no one comes out unscathed.

P.S.
Hope your insurance rates don't go up  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

Quote from: Cedarman on August 01, 2007, 10:29:12 AM
Sawing straight is one thing, but throwing straight is something else.

Sure sounded like Cedarman just volunteered to walk the plank as well! ;D 8)

OneWithWood

=Breaking news =

Bridge on Interstate 35W spanning the Mississippi in Minneapolis just collapsed into the river at 6:05pm today.

If anyone is coming through Minneapolis on I35W plan a different route
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawdust

We had a deer/cycle wreck here earlier in the week. Bad outcome.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

sawguy21

One here too. Neither the deer or the rider survived. :'( OWW, that does not look good at all.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!