iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Compound drilling

Started by Kevin, July 29, 2007, 04:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Are they making drill presses that compound drill or is there a guide that the angles can be set on a jig for use with a hand drill?

Reddog

Or just use a compound vise on the drill press. Whenever I have a few things to do the same, I just make a jig.
I have not seen a compound angle jig for a hand drill.

dutchman

Grizzly has several to choose from.
Made in China, well built but not finished very well.

metalspinner

Quoteor is there a guide that the angles can be set on a jig for use with a hand drill?

Drill a hole in a block of wood then take it to the miter box and cut your compound angle on the end.  Positioning on your workpiece could be the tricky part. :-\
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Kevin

Thanks guys.
I had made my own jig using my compound miter saw but it's too much fooling around for just drilling a couple of holes.
I'll check Griz to see what they have.

low_48

Maybe look at a little radial drill. Grizzly and Rikon have some Chinese versions for woodworking. The head will rotate and the table will also tilt. They really have a long reach from the post!

Kevin

Now that I know the proper name, "radial" I'm going to hunt for one locally.
I looked at Home Depot today but they didn't have one on the floor although they might be able to order one.
I have a few more stores to check here before dumping in excess of a hundred bucks to have one shipped.

Thank You Sponsors!