Sponsors:

Weight control

Started by Faron, July 28, 2007, 11:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

And Jeff says you don't even get a sweat up.   ;D

It's an e-exercise. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on March 24, 2011, 02:22:44 PM
And Jeff says you don't even get a sweat up.   ;D

I did? Where?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I recorded my weight a day early since I'll be incapacitated tomorrow. I broke in the the 250's!  Just barely, but I did it.  My goal is still 230 by my 50th birthday on July 21. I can only have one shot at this goal once, so I gotta make sure I get there. From there I want to go to 210.

Dec 14th  321.2
Dec 24th  299.2   22 lbs
Dec 29th  296.4   2.8 lbs
Jan  7th    294.2  2.2 lbs
Jan 14      290.8  3.4 lbs
Jan 21st   289.0   1.8 lbs
Jan 28th   286.6   2.4 lbs           
Feb  4       282.4   4.2 lbs
Feb  11     278.7   3.7 lbs
Feb 18      276.2   2.5 lbs               
Feb 25      273.6   2.6 lbs   
Mar  4       268.5   5.1 lbs
Mar  11     265.7   2.8 lbs   
Mar  18     263.2   2.5 lbs
Mar  24     259.7   3.5 lbs    61.50 lbs

WDH

After you shoulder surgery, you will even be a little smaller :).

Good going!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I won't be recording my weight today, and probably not until the end of the month when I get out of this dang contraption holding my arm they call an ultra-sling, but I did resume walking as of today.  :)

SwampDonkey

Went for a walk yesterday, it was 40 F out, but cold west wind. Colder today out of the NW. But, I walked up to the neighbors' over 2 miles away. I stopped in for a short visit, the old man was snooze'n and woke up. You'd think he was dying with all the moaning and the wife had been sick with passing a kidney stone recently and she came out with her story. So, anyway I figured a short visit was enough for this time. Anyhow, noticed some other neighbors were replacing a shingled roof, in that freezing cold wind. Glad to be home unscathed. ;D ;) Willows are starting the flower, about the only good sign in the whole walk. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I got back just a little bit ago after taking a walk around Bud Lake. It is with a tenth of a mile of being a 5 mile walk. Up hill both ways. :D  This was a test run to see how long it takes to go see Mitch at Physical Therapy that I will be starting next week. My plan is to walk to therapy on the days the weather permits. It is two miles there, and then another three to come on around the lake, or I could just come back the way I went. It took me 34 minutes to get there, but I didn't pay any attention on how long the entire walk took because I visited with Mitch for a few minutes.

Anyhow I tried to take some photos of the lake. It's thawed but still looks like winter. I took one video clip, but it really didn't turn out to be much. I tried to get the geese at the south end of the lake at the access, but didn't do a good job one handed.  The other photos are from the North end.  When I got back I hooked my phone to the computer for the first time all winter to retrieve the photos and found that Tammy had used it to take a photo of me on Thursday, December 09, 2010, 6:31:44 AM  when I was laying in the hospital with Pancreatitis.  I do believe there has been some improvement. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5Wwa1KxVY

BEFORE: December 09, 2010

PRESENT: April 2011

doctorb

That video makes me dizzy.  I think I'll find some anti-seizure medication prior to watching it again.  Lots of waterfront cabins around the lake.  Is it fished out yet? 
Is that your younger, slimmer brother in the last photo?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

It's the lake the state park is on. I don't fish it, but there are lots that still do because it is a Musky Lake. Typical Northern species in it. Perch, gills, bass and Walleye. Not the best lake to fish around in my estimation by far. Its narrow and very long and the best use of a musky plug is to pull a jet skier off his ride. ;D

SwampDonkey

I heard the loons on the river in the mornings at my uncle's this week. Are they back out your way to Jeff?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Yup, I heard them calling just this morning in their daily fly over.

Magicman

I would opt to walk around that beautiful lake also, but dat picture of da troll.  He look rough.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

Jeff, that's a lot of weight you've lost over a short period of time.  Congratulations!   I hope you make your goal.  The tougher part will be keeping it off.

I weighed in at 209 a couple of weeks ago at my last Dr. visit.  That's the lowest I've been in many years.  I'd like to get down to 180 but in no big rush.  Maybe 200 by July 4 – my birthday.  I may make it beings Mary and life put me on a low carb diet and I've been doing a lot more waking in the evenings – partly for my heath and partly for my sanity as living with Mary and the two now teenage girls is a bit too much to take.

For as long as I can remember my gage of my overall health and stamina is to be able to walk up the hill in front of where our house now stands without having to stop or blowing out a lung.  A few weeks ago I made a circle of the farm and came up that hill.  I was pleased to find I topped it with no more difficulty than I remember I did back some 40 or more years ago.  I made it up it in one shot and still was only breathing a bit hard.

The other day I was lugging the 5 gallon jug of water to the mill and I thought as I struggled,  "I use to weight this much more."
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

submarinesailor

Quote from: Bibbyman on April 22, 2011, 02:29:16 AM
partly for my sanity as living with Mary and the two now teenage girls is a bit too much to take.

Gary,

I know what you mean.  For 3 years we lived at my MIL's.  So, it was me, my wife, 3 teenage daughters, 1 MIL and 1 aunt.  Me and the neutered dog were the only males in the house.  Let me tell you, IT WASN'T FUN ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o

Bruce

pigman

QuoteIT WASN'T FUN
especially for the neutered dog.  :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

It is going on 2 years since I fell off the wii and back into the refrigerator. It's no wonder I'm starting to feel old and tired again, as I've gained almost everything back I lost. I've been planning on getting back to this, but the little red fat guy with the horns that is sitting on one shoulder keeps giving me reasons to put it off. Well, I finally climbed back on the Wii Fit tonight, and watched my little avatar balloon up, grab his newly inflated belly, and moan. :-\ I weighed in at 311.6 lbs. Over 50 lbs heavier than the last time I was on it.  So, hopefully, I can get my mind completely into this. I "stepped" for 30 minutes tonight, and may do a bit more later this evening. I don't want to over-do right off and knock myself out right at the gitgo.

So, starting over.
Jan 10- 311.6

SwampDonkey

I know it's tough. We all have to eat.  :-\

drobertson

Jeff, we all have issues, and ours seem to be worse than someone else's.  I believe as far as weight gain goes, it is an intake/burn ratio.  I have gained more than I want, and am struggling do to sciatic pain, but my intake is the same, thus more bfi, good food equates to big helpings, not sure what else to say,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

I went back and found my last post:

Sometime in March 385 55" ('round the middle) (2008)
September 11: 361.4    49"
Late October: 365  52"
November 13: 358.2  48.5"
March 23: 360.4
April 6: 347.0

I'll get back in on the weekly postings.

1/10/13   316
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

OK, so maybe there will be Banana Pudding and Pecan Pie, but very small portions.  The   smiley_devil  has gotta go.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I have a cousin who was skinny as a rail most his life. I do not see him very frequently, but the last time I noticed his mid section is swelling pretty big. Too much office for him I think.

OneWithWood

For a while there a few of us used this thread as a constant reminder we had intentions to lose a few pounds.  Perhaps it is time to resurrect the weekly progress report.  I know I found it to be a great motivator.
Today I am weighing in at 189.
My goal is to get back to 165. 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Well, this is my official weigh in for my week one.  I worked very hard at this week. In fact yesterday I had a "Calorie challenge" from a friend who is doing pretty mush the same thing.  I won by over 500 calories. ;D  It was a bit unfair though, as my challenger was female, and I know they lose at a different rate, plus she has been at it since September.

Anyhow, I didn't starve myself, but I was careful on what I ate and most careful about portion size. I worked out an average of 1-2 hours a day, other than yesterday, it was 2 hours and 50 minutes.  I'd love to achieve the results I did this week, every week, but I know that is not going to happen. This is the most I have lost in a week, but the hardest I've ever worked at it as well. :)

Jan 10- 311.6
Jan 17- 300.0 11.5 lbs lost

Roxie

Say when

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!