iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I love red oak but white is sweet too

Started by woodmills1, July 25, 2007, 09:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

fence order.. 300 8 foot 1 by 6 oak with as many I can make outta 16 footers.  Well... ;D 9 hours on the mill clock and maybe 2hours more movin logs and shiften slabs.  Did I say 5 bucks a piece......sweet and the mizer just chews up those oak logs.  I wish everyone in my county had horses. :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

We like horse people too.  ;D 

It's a shame to cut up 16' logs to make 8' boards.  We charge a good little bet more per board foot for 16' lumber.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

woodmills1

ooooooooooooooo I used every 16 footer at 16 foot mizers like em so do da horse people spans 2 posts :D

though I do cut the crook ones back to 8 for the yield
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

379hammerdown

Thats awesome man, congrats on the order!  8) Sure wish i had 2 or 3 like that a month  :D Good job

DR Buck

Can't understand why they want them all 8 ft?   ??? ???    But, $5 each is a good price.  Especially 8 footers.    I cut lots of 16 footers and a small amount of 8's.   The local co-op gets $8.25 each for 16 ft.   I get $6.50 off the top (no sorting or picking). 

All the horse people here want 16 foot.    I also cut them at 1-1/8"  thickness if they are going to be used for cattle.  The farmers like that.  I charge the same for them.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Ivey

Thats the same thing I get for w/o trailor decking. those small 2-3 hr jobs like add up, I likem
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

woodmills1

didn't mean to mislead.  He needed 800 ft of fench so it equals 300 8 foot pieces,  but he wanted as many at 16 as I could.  About a third were at 16 foot.  I cut them on the 4/4 scale so they are nice and plump.

Captain

At $5 each that's $1/BF.  Often I'll get $1.50 for long, thick trailer decking.  (over 16 feet) $1/BF is typical in the 8 and 10 foot lengths.

James, what is the going price for WO logs in your area??

Captain

Fla._Deadheader

" At $5 each that's $1/BF" . smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_grin

Is this the new way of doing Math ???  ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawmilllawyer

I'm new at this, but it seems me to me to be $1.25 bdft.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Captain

I READ He said he cut them 5/4...8x6x1.25x12/144=5BF each

Now that I REREAD he said 4/4 scale, my mistake  :)

Captain

Fla._Deadheader

Just keepin ya on yer toes, Craig.  ::) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodmills1

yes horse fence cut on 4/4 scale to give a good product.  I have never priced the 4/4 higer though I will discount an order I know I can cut on the inch.  Lets be honest I would sell $1.25 oak all day ifin I had the orders.  the log yard is given 30 to 50 cents for the logs that i would use.

Thank You Sponsors!