iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the hat

Started by L. Wakefield, July 05, 2001, 05:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Wakefield

hey, my turn, finally. I got THE HAT 8) 8) 8)!! Such a majorly cool hat, at that. Trouble is, I am known to my family for 'borrowing' hats on a semi-permanent basis, and I don't want payback to come my way on this one! So it's on my head or hidden away!       lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

timberbeast

The hat rocks!!!!!!!
Where the heck is my axe???

Tom

I like the Embroidery work instead of ink. It adds a bit of class, don't you think?

Bill Johnson

Got the only one like it in town, probably only one of two (if Kevin has one)in the entire province. That's way cool.  8)
Good looking hat getting lots of inquiries about it too.
Bill
Bill

Kevin

Bill;
If you`re up here ...

you`ll have the only one north of 48 !  :D

What`s all that waste land, would that be your sawdust piles?

Bill Johnson

Nope the sawdust pile is west of town at Northern Pressure Treated Wood, that stuff is the tailings from the old gold mines.
They tell me that in the hey day this place had 5 producing gold mines. Right now we have none but apparently lots of potential if the price ever goes above $ 350/oz US.

Bill
Bill

Kevin

Bill, I count four mines on the map above and it looks like there`s another one about 3.5K`s NWest of Dobie.

Tom

Yep.......the sixth is the "Lost Johnson" and rumor has it that it was never depleted.  It has a vein over 3' wide.  There's not but one Heir and he must be incognito.

Bill Johnson

They are all closed for the most part now. Site 1 is the open pit, they tell me it's in excess of 430 feet deep. It's now full of water, with an inflow and outflow maybe I should take up fish farming 8).
The mine mill still remains at site 4, they did a clean up in the mill last year and recovered a around 100 oz. of gold. The site is currently being used as an field office location for Queenston/Franco Nevada joint venture, they've been  doing lots of diamond drilling in the area over the past 5 years.
Site 2 is completely abandoned only the waste rock pile remains, site 3 has the old headframe and some out buildings left though there is talk of it being taken down.
The other sites in the area are all abandoned, the last one is on the township line, they spent 38+ million to do a bulk sample on the site, built a headframe, hoist room, dry etc. but the market went for a dump and so did the project. It's being dismantled shortly.
Its a good thing we have our logging and our good looks or we'd all be in trouble.
And if any one asks, the fishing is terrible and we have no moose :D.
Bill
Bill

L. Wakefield

Sheesh, that hat really turned into one goldmine of a topic, eh? :) :)lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Gordon

The hat's are a piece of the goldmine but Jeff hasn't realized it yet. But he will in time. It's like a piece of a treasure map and I'm happy to have a piece of it as well.

The hat's are top notch. I save mine to wear for sunday go to meeting.

Gordon

Kevin

Bill has been down at the outlet of site one  using his hat to pan for gold dust but all he`s bringing home is sawdust.  :D
Fools Gold!

Thank You Sponsors!