iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

taking the plunge!!

Started by blaze83, July 20, 2007, 05:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Hi all,

well, after weeks of waiting and researching and saving money my dad and I are off to Indianapolis on Monday to pick up our mill.  here is the link to the one we are getting....we really wanted one with hydrolics but it just isn't in the budget at this time.  A couple of things that finally sold us on the woodmizer over some of the other mills out there.
1)  resale value,  they seem to hold there value better than the other mills.
2) the final selling point was just another owner we came across. (thanks Gary) We were coming home from Zanesville Ohio, and my dad likes to drive the back roads. we came across a driveway that had an LT40 hydrolic set up with a large deck of white pine logs.  no one was around but we got out and were looking at the mill and the quality of boards being sawn when the owner shows up. He looked like he was ready to unload a whole can of whup A__ on these red necks messing with his mill >:(.  :D :D

well we soon broke the tension and told him how nice the boards were, hoping he wasn't done sawing.  Well he was....but said we could come back the next day and he would show us everything and how it works.  so the next day we got there right as he was leaving, but he unpacked, put a new blade on the saw and cut a couple of logs for us. He told us  how pleased he was with woodmizer and that he was on his 4th saw.  I'm not sure if he's a member here on the forum, but if any of you know Gary that lives outside of Zanesville Oh let him know Steve and Bob appriciate the tour and the time he took with us.

we're excited,

Blaze83
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Part_Timer

You'll love making sawdust.  Soon a kiln, skidsteer,canthooks,saws, logarch............ 

Best hobby you'll ever have.  congrats on the new mill.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

blaze83

here is the link to the woodmizer site and the LT28 mill weRe getting, sorry forgot it before :(

LINK
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

thecfarm

Now you're bound for IN.Take a picture with a log on it when you get back to OH.Have fun!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MikeH

Looks Great!  Welcome to the orange party  8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!