iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No MS200's in Georgia?

Started by PokeBoater, July 19, 2007, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeBoater

My local Stihl dealer said that you can't get an MS200 (with the rear handle) in this "region" they are all going somewhere else.  Is this true?  He recommended an MS170 or MS210 instead.
Thanks!

Ianab

Sounds like a temporary thing, local warehouse has run out of them?

The other models dont compare to the ms200. Did he give you any idea when he will be able to get one? There are plenty of other saws on the market better than a 170 or 210.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pbuehning

I find that hard to believe.  How long is the backorder?   Contact Stihl direct thru their website - unavailable is an unacceptable answer!!

I love my MS 200 - really glad that I plunked down the extra $ for it, only 10 tanks thru it, can't wait till it really wakes up.
MS361C-Q (muff mod), MS200 (rear handle),026 (muff mod), MS290, (3)SXL-AO, 030AV, couple of old poulans and ??? # of projects

PokeBoater

He said that they don't sell them in this "region", not that they are out of stock.  He can't get one.

Ianab

A couple of phone calls to other nearby dealers might be interesting too.  ???

The saws he suggested are NOT equivalent to the MS200.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pbuehning

I checked on another forum and have found out that they are in GA, I'm trying to get a more specific area.  Personally I think your dealer is BSing you, find another dealer.
MS361C-Q (muff mod), MS200 (rear handle),026 (muff mod), MS290, (3)SXL-AO, 030AV, couple of old poulans and ??? # of projects

sawguy21

I agree, either the distributor or the dealer is lazy. The MS200 is a big seller here with the tree ape crowd.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rebocardo

Hi,

Try American Chainsaw in Tucker on US29.  770-934-7297

All he sells is Stihl. I can't image they would tell you to sub a 170 for a 200 either.

I have bought 2 Stihls there.  I have noticed a lot of the local cities go there too.

a old timberjack

are u guys talking about the 200t???. up here in new england that is the #1 aborist saw. i remember last year a few dealers sold out of them and stihl could produce them fast enough so there was a 3 week wait. i remember the same thing happened with the ms 361 splitwood_smiley
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Ianab

I think he is looking for a straight ms200, rear handle version of the 200t. One of the better saws in it's size. :)

Ian

SawTroll

Quote from: PokeBoater on July 19, 2007, 02:57:10 PM
My local Stihl dealer said that you can't get an MS200 (with the rear handle) in this "region" they are all going somewhere else.  Is this true?  He recommended an MS170 or MS210 instead.
Thanks!

Pretty lame advice, he should have recommended the Husky 339xp - the only real alternative........ 8) 8)
Information collector.

Timburr

Could he have recomended the Husky 339xp if he was the local Stihl dealer?
Sense is not common

sawguy21

The  339 won't keep up to the MS200 as much as I hate to admit it. Husky has reliability issues with this one.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 21, 2007, 10:38:08 PM
The  339 won't keep up to the MS200 as much as I hate to admit it. Husky has reliability issues with this one.

They had with the original carbs, and the auto decomp - both issues are fixed with the "new edition" ones, with new carb and without decomp..... 8) 8) + slightly higher power rating.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!