iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Priceless

Started by LeeB, July 18, 2007, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Total cost for the day; about $500.
Value; priceless
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

You must use some expensive worms eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Boat rental, cabin rental, fuel, feed, bait, fishing licence. It all adds up. That was the only fish we caught on top of that.  >:( It would have been a heck of a lot cheaper to buy fish but the time with the family and enjoyment by all made it worth it to me.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

You won't be able to put money on that day 50 years from now when it is still being talked about.  :)

Patty

Good for you Lee! Looks like you and your son had a great day. Money doesn't matter when you can spend time with family.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

LeeB

Paul loves to fish. I've never seen him catch anything, but he loves to fish. He catches all the time when he goes without me. I must be a jynx for him. :D

DR Buck

Way to go Lee.      Had just the opposite (but great) experience this past April.      My son came home on leave and took me fishing for my birthday.     He rented a pontoon boat on one of the big lakes south of here.   It would have been a surprise if he hadn't warned me that I needed to go pick up my fishing license.   ;)    The only fish caught that day was one he caught about half the size of the one in your photo.   

But as you say,  spending a day on the lake together is priceless. :)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Fla._Deadheader

Lee, ya been over to Cotter, on the White River ??

Take some canned corn, and maybe a few red/white daredevils, and have the best time of yer life, catchin Trout in that 40° water  :o 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LeeB

Harold, we went earlier in the year but didn't have any luck. Paper said the water level has been low for so long that it is too warm and many of the trout are dying. It may be better now that there has been so much rain in MO. Might have charged up the flow a little.

DanG

Shucks Lee, if I had your money, $500 would be nuttin for a moment like that! 
Matter of fact, If I had MY money, $500 would be nuttin for a moment like that.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

semologger

at least ya saved some fish for the rest of us.  good to know im not the only one that spends alot of money and no fish. i just got a new baitcaster and new rod for the first time, top of the line. i am getting better but man for a while i was ready to trade it in for my sons spiderman pole.

you got to have fun memories last. like last week was in a hurry to take the kids and get out there.  well we got there we had all the poles but no tackle box. i was getting hooks and bobbers out of trees so we could fish. still no fish was caught but had a good laugh.

thecfarm

Sounds like you had a good time,Lee.Too many people are in a hurry,or say they don't have the money or the time.Look in the paper and see the Fathers and Mothers that are dying in thier 40's and 50's.That's enough to scare ya.Just do it and have fun.There has been a few things that we have spent money on that some people might say
that is wasteful.Won't be if we are gone in a year.
semologger,that is funny.
Lets hear some more fishing stories with your kids.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Actually Dang, for the first time in my life, I do Have a little extra money and I have never spent nearly enough time with my kids while I was out there trying to get it. So if it costs me a little more now it's still a cheap price to pay before it's too late.

swampy

Lee, Just before graduation at bruno-pyatt school in 86 a buddy of mine and myself spent a couple of days fishin the white river at wildcat shoals out of gasville. We built a fire next to the river and cooked the trout and spent the nite.(just have to watch they don't open the gates at the dam during the nite and find yourself floating away in the tent :o :o :o) I don't know if you can still do that or not but we sure did have a grand ole time. Ed
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

LeeB

That's pretty cool Ed. I knew ya'll had lived in AR but wasn't sure when or where. I bet Bruno/Pyatt was a really small school then. I think there was only around 350 in the whole school this year.
I haven't really gotten out and around enough yet to find all the neat spots yet. We just moved to the area last Oct. and I'm gone half the time.
The one time me and the boy tried trout fishing it was about half way back toward Flippin from Bull Shoals and took a left. I probably couldn't even find my way back there.

swampy

Don't sound like it has changed much :D :D :D :D :D  23 in my graduating class
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Faron

A few weeks back I took three of my grandsons fishing in our pond. I hadn't even had my pole out this summer.  We ended up catching 13 or so 2-3 lb channel cats.  You have never had fun till you watch a 5 or 7 year old tie into one of those. 8)  They also caught several bass, which they released, and also a few bluegill.  I took a picture with my camera phone of each one with a nice fish.  One grandson was holding a nice bass for the picture, and of course it bit down and skinned up his finger. He kept mentioning it and looking at it,  and I thought he was kind of being a baby about it. ;)  Finally he asked, "Grandpa, when will this go away?" I told him in a few days. He replied, " Well, I don't want it to go away!  Everytime I look at it it reminds me of this fishing trip!"  I told him when it went away, we would just have to go fishing again. ;D  "Maybe we can catch one big enough it will bite the end of your finger off, and you will have a permenent reminder."  He thought a second, and said, "Well, I think that would be good!"  I don't know how long that will mean much for them, but I will always remember it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

LeeB

More priceless moments for me today. Today is my birthday and we decided on burgers off the grill. Lynde said she needed to go to the store for some stuff and when she came back she had my two oldest daughters with her, flown in from Austin Texas. Seems they had been scaming this for months. Made a grown man get wet in the eyes. They caught me completely by surprise. Life is good.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) Cool Deal, Lee.  8) 8)

Since I moved down here, I miss my brood. Just gotta do whatcha gotta do, when the time is right. Enjoy them youngun's.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

TexasTimbers

Glad y'all had a good time. I haven't taken my boys fishin in well over a year. Thanks for the reminder. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

thecfarm

Comin guys,where's your manners?      Happy Birthday LeeB.     Family is good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Quote from: LeeB on October 27, 2007, 04:54:19 PM
More priceless moments for me today. Today is my birthday and we decided on burgers off the grill. Lynde said she needed to go to the store for some stuff and when she came back she had my two oldest daughters with her, flown in from Austin Texas. Seems they had been scaming this for months. Made a grown man get wet in the eyes. They caught me completely by surprise. Life is good.

That is awesome.  Happy birthday!

sawguy21

8) 8) I imagine that was a great birthday present. All the best, bud.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE  8) 8) 8) 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Bonne fête mon ami .. !!!!! 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!