iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jd440 parts book

Started by arojay, July 18, 2007, 10:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arojay

I have a fine little 440B skidder that inevitably need repairs, which I mostly do myself.  Nearest Deere dealer is about 700 miles away and nobody even knows what a 440 looks like.  I have a tech manual and use the JD's online parts site but I would like to have a book.  Anyone know a source for these?
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

Rob-IL

I grew up around logging but chose to be a heavy equipment mechanic for several years. Later in life my interest changed so my cousin and myself went into logging on our own in 1988.

Brian_Rhoad

I got mine for my 440 from my dealer. I don't know if they are still available. Do a dealer search for a different area. My local dealer doesn't know much about skidders. There is one about 80 miles from me that is much better to deal with because of their location. They sell alot more forestry equipment. The book is nice, but it isn't updated like the web site parts section.

amberwood

jd manuals are all online, they had copies right back to suit my 67' TJ205! Pay your money and you have a pdf in a few minutes.

http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=home&menuDivision=FORESTRY

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Frickman

I got one for a 440B from my dealer about two years ago. They ordered it and had it for me in a couple of days.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!