iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

asy needs your vote - for Slimmer of the year! Please!!!

Started by asy, July 18, 2007, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Well, Hiya everyone!

I've done it, I've made it into the finals for SLIMMER OF THE YEAR!

There's ONLINE VOTING, and I'd really like to ask all my FF friends to please vote for me.

The voting page is VOTE HERE and I'm in the bottom left hand corner .

That's your's truly. :D

Thanks everyone!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

LeeB

Mark me down. My hat's off to all the canidates. I don't have the will power to lose even 10kg.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Maybe I can't pronounce your name,but I voted for you.  :D  A very good job by you.  We have to wait until October to see that you won?  Enjoy the new you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Mr Mom

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WH_Conley

Bill

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Mooseherder

Ianab

I put in a vote for ya.. but I reckon it's having a sawmill and chainsaw that lost ya the weight ;)

Even if you dont win the comp, you have won a longer and healthier life :)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

Done here. Congrats, Asy  You look great.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Patty

I voted for you. I think you should be very proud of yourself; I bet your kids are happy to see you  slim and fit, so they can show you off to their friends!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

wesdor

Another vote for you.  Both at the web site and here - what an accomplishment - congrats

Stephen1

Done,  congratulations on losing the weight, must feel great not to have to carry  all the weight around along with a chainsaw!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

breederman

I put in a vote for the 1/2 of you that is left!  Great job.asy!
Together we got this !

IL Bull

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

bedway

You have my vote, and more than that. You have my admiration for your accomplishment.  ,,,,,,,,bedway

farmerdoug

Done,  Now we just need to get you up here for a pig roast.  Do you win free travel anywhere? ::) ;D ;D :) :)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Qweaver

Ya got my vote! Congrats!  I've also lost many lbs since I started sawing and building the cabin but nothing like what you've done.  Good on ya.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Shotgun

Super Congrats, Asy!!! Ya done good!   8)

Is this vote thing another "vote early, vote often"?

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Carries-Mom

You got my vote!!  Congrats!!!  You look great!!!! 8) 8)

Paschale

My vote is cast...not sure why I didn't see this until this morning, but I'll keep voting for ya!  ;D

(I think your vote is the healthier of the two...)   ;D

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

sawguy21

Done. And you did it in less than a year.  8) That is real willpower.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

asy

Thank you so much guys. I'm really humbled by your replies. Very much appreciated.

Just like Puhskolly's voting thing, you can vote once per day. So, if you are so inclined (please!) vote daily. :D

Patty, my daughter's so pleased with her 'skinny mummy' its fantastic, although sometimes I wonder whether she's happier with me, or with my new clothes which she can now steal  :-\

Joan, Ya win a Kitchen, and a few other things, alas no sawmill.

Ianab, I would never have been able to run either the chainsaw or sawmill at my old weight. I could barely run myself! I certainly have won, whether I win or not!

FarmerDoug, you do win a trip to Sydney. Second prize is two trips to Sydney hehe. Joking. One of the prizes is a trip to Sydney for a 'makeover' and photo session amongst other things. I'll take Stephanie with me. Hope they give me two tickets (otherwise I'll have to pay for hers :( ) Still, it'll be fun to stay at the "Darling Harbour Suites", definitely NOT a hotel I could afford otherwise! Unfortunately it's not a trip to the USA, but, unless Letterman wants to interview me, I'm not likely to get a trip there anytime soon :(

I'll let you all know how I go. Gotta go, I am writing an email to everyone in my email list to ask them to vote and to ask them to send an email to people they know to ask them to vote!

Ed_K

Way to go  8). you have my vote too. At the risk of getting hit I'm leaving this up for Rita to read  ;D.
Ed K

Paschale

Quote from: asy on July 18, 2007, 10:44:12 AM
Just like Puhskolly's voting thing, you can vote once per day. So, if you are so inclined (please!) vote daily. :D

Consider it done!     8)

So Asy...do they have a write up on there about how everyone lost it?  I'd be curious to read their stories. 

Radar67

My vote was cast. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

OneWithWood

Votes in.  Bev may give you a run for your money but I think you've got it locked  8)

You can always trade the kitchen in for a sawmill or more toys  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ron Wenrich

Done and congrats.  We might need some reminders every once in awhile.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

flip

Done.  Wish I had your will power.  I need to drop about 30 to get back to the "old" me.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Handy Andy

Don't know how much 84 kilograms is but sounds like a lot.  Hope you can keep it off.  I met a guy named Jaworski one time.   Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Teri

Furby

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

asy

Quote from: Handy Andy on July 18, 2007, 05:36:58 PM
  Don't know how much 84 kilograms is but sounds like a lot.  Jim

84kg = 185lb   But I've actually lost 88kg, which is 194lb.

Votes are much appreciated, Thanks guys!

Remember to keep voting for Puhskolly's cookies too!!!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lmbeachy

hotfoot

sawdust

congratulations Asy, I voted for whats left of you! And will do so again tomorrow, and the day after...! Making a shift in your life and staying with it is Dang hard. you have my admiration.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

sawguy21

You leave Paschale's cookies alone young lady. :D :D Dem's are fattening. ;)

Paschale

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 18, 2007, 10:40:00 PM
You leave Paschale's cookies alone young lady. :D :D Dem's are fattening. ;)

Yeah, just look at me!   :D :D :D

sawmilllawyer

8) Done, way to go. Gotta say "great job!!!" Andy
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

bitternut

asy

Hey Bitternut!

You sure can vote more than once!!!

Seems it's not just once per day, as I thought, I've voted a couple of times today  ;) I go back every hour or so and am able to vote again. Seems it just doesn't let you vote immediately after you've voted. Not sure what time needs to lapse between votes, but seems about an hour.

Thanks again everyone!

blaze83

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

TexasTimbers

Done! Hey you and me both got to stay away from skolly's cookies! :D

That is an awesome accomplishment and I know how hard the battle is. I have quit alot of nasty bad habits in my lifetime thus far but the food thing is perhaps the toughest. I am by no means obese but I am carrying about 20 extra pounds and on a little guy like me it gets in the way so I have been trying to get rid of it. It is HARD. So I have the utmost respect for you having stuck to it so diligently. You go Larysa!   8)  8)  8)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

isawlogs

Asy , congratulations , you look great  :-* :-*
I also voted and will do so as often as I can for you .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Paschale

Just voted again!  Good on ya...

And I think you should take the advice you gave me, and put a link to the voting in your tagline. 

brdmkr

Done.  Congratulations!  I know how hard it can be to loose weight.   You must have figured it out!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

pappy

Done !!

Congrads and way ta go Asy !!!        Looking Good girl !!!!!!  8)

And what Paschale said
QuoteAnd I think you should take the advice you gave me, and put a link to the voting in your tagline
cause he just got another vote from me as well  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

jgoodhart

asy

Quote from: Paschale on July 19, 2007, 12:21:26 PM
And I think you should take the advice you gave me, and put a link to the voting in your tagline. 

Done ;)

Thanks!!!

(ps: does it look familiar?? hehe)

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

swampy

there are 5 in this family and we all voted ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Handy Andy

That's 2 for me Asy, now after while you need to explain to the rest of us how to go bout doin what yer doin.  I have 30 unneeded pounds, and think about that whenever I pick up a sack of feed.

sawguy21

Paschale

Quote from: asy on July 19, 2007, 06:34:57 PM
(ps: does it look familiar?? hehe)

Just a tad...and it got me to vote again!   ;D

SCSawyer

Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

wesdor

I'm from Illinois, which makes me nearer to Chicago than most of you. 

So. . . . living that near Chicago, I figure I can vote early and vote often.  Every time I visit the FF I click on this thread and then go vote again. 

Good luck ASY.

Handy Andy

fat olde elf

You have my vote !!! In one sense you have already won......Good Job........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

sawguy21

Quote from: fat olde elf on July 20, 2007, 10:46:15 PM
You have my vote !!! In one sense you have already won......Good Job........
That was my thought too. You have already won regardless of the vote by setting a lofty goal and reaching it. You are a better person for it both physically and mentally.

Burlkraft

Hey Asy,

I got ya covered from my end.......Yer gonna blow them udder guys away..... ;D ;D ;D

Good luck.......

Maybe ya can give me some advise. I already lost 18 lbs. since I been sick, but the Cardiologist says about 35 more yet..... :-\ :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Well Steve, guess when we go to the Rox next, order a Roxburger, we'll have 'em
remove the egg, then the ham slice, the bacon, and replace the burger with a few leaves of lettuce.....then toss the bun away.  ;D ;D ;D

Hey, we can still enjoy the visit there...and help with the extra pounds.  Won't be a bad idea for me either.  ;D :) :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fstedy

8) 8) 8) You got my vote  8) 8) 8)
Congrats on the weight loss I know its a difficult undertaking. I won a contest at work 3 years ago lost 58 lbs. in 3 months. Walked a lot to be able to do it 350 miles over the 3 months.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Timburr

Peter got my vote....

....Joking  ;D  You must be very proud of all your hard work  8) 8) 8)
Sense is not common

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That was mean, FUNNY, but mean!  :D :D :D

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

scsmith42

Asy - congrats on your loss!!!  You got my vote!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

wwsjr

Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Paschale

asy

Thanks again guys!

To answer those who've asked how I did it, I wrote about it in the 'half an asy' thread, wherever that disappeared to...

But, to save ya searching ;) I did a programme called "Cohens Lifestyle programme". I knew that with 200lb odd to lose, doing it by myself would be ridiculous, and doing it through something like weight watchers would have taken 4 years (roughly, at .5kg/week). So, I'd heard about the Cohens programme where it offers 'FAST weight loss', and I knew a few friends who'd done it and discovered the promises weren't just that. They were accurate.

Then, after my Dad passed away last year, Mum gave me some money, and I used part of it on the programme.

Mum initially got a little cranky at my 'wasting Dad's money' on a programme I was 'never going to finish'. She's thrilled now. :D

Anyway, y'all know how much I love forums  ::) but there was no forum for Cohens people, so I started one! (the link is under my dog <-- ).

The BEST thing about this programme is that there's NO excercise required. None. And I gotta tellya, that suits me jeeeest fine :D  Especially since my back was so crappy when I started the programme. It's better now on the whole.

sawguy21

I am not at all surprised by your former back problems.  :D I'm still amazed you slimmed down that much in such a short time.

asy

Yeah, no wonder I had a bad back, I was carrying a whole 'nuther person around with me.

But not only my back, my heart wasn't impressed either...

Still, it's all good now, thankfully I came to my senses. :)

10 months is a short time, but, the programme's good, and the best thing is I was eating all the time, no hunger and all healthy nutritious food. I was (and still am) taking vitamins and mineral supplements, drinking lots of water. Also, I haven't ended up with huge volumes of loose skin, which is great! The re-enervation of certain hormones shrinks the skin back and it really works!

ibseeker

done...good job!  8)   
Enjoy your beautiful city and wonderful climate, it was a real pleasure to visit and we hope to come back someday.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

isawlogs

I go and vote for you every time I get to the computer    :-*  No matter the outcome of the contest , you are a winner in my book  8) 8)  :-* :-*

Oh and I will continue to vote for ya till ya tell me to stop .  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Nailhead

"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Brucer

OK, <click> I voted. But do you think it's really ethical for us to vote more than once? I mean, wouldn't that <click> make this a contest <click> to see who could get the most friends <click><click> to vote for us the most times <click>?

;D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Roxie

Jumping Doggies!!  A gal can't take a vacation round here...go away for a few days and Furby's underwater, and Asy has a Slimmer competition.  I've voted and I'll vote every time I log on (like I do for Paschale). 

If ya win this contest, it will  be the icing on the cake olive oil on the salad, you are already a winner.   :)
Say when

asy

Quote from: Brucer on July 24, 2007, 12:13:46 AM
wouldn't that make this a contest to see who could get the most friends to vote for us the most times?

Hopefully I have more friends than anyone else there, then, eh?

Brucer

More friends, with faster clicking fingers ;D.

Do overseas clicks count double ?

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

asy

Gosh I hope they do! If they do, I'm a shoe-in thanks to you guys!!

isawlogs

Ethical ...  mighty big word to use on internet ....  ::)  I will vote as often as I can to get a friend to win , we aint refferying a ball game .  ;)

Marcel

Bill

Done voted   and voted     and voted  and . . . .

;D

PineNut

Thank You Sponsors!