iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2007 Pig Roast Schedule

Started by Jeff, July 17, 2007, 10:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have been asked what time and what to bring and what is when and what to expect and such for the pig roast.  Maybe some of the folks that have come in the past can elaborate on what the pig roast really is and what to expect.  :)

Here is my off the cuff description.

Well, the pig roast has really grown into 3 days, with the main festivities from Noonish on the 4th this year.  No need to bring anything unless you want to. Some folks bring something to throw in our door prize drawing, some bring a dessert or something, but all we really ask is for YOU to be here.  If you want to come and hang around the evening before, there are generally 30 to 40 people sitting around the fire visiting as we do things to get ready for the next day. We usually get pizzas or something (last year coney dogs) and prep then baby sit the pig and visit. ;D   The next morning people are here early as some camp here and some come to help do the little odd things and to get more visiting in. In the past we have a breakfast for whoever may be here the morning of the roast. The day of, is filled with talking and visiting and eating. After everyone has too much to eat, we generally gather together for the drawing of the door prizes.  We have no set schedules for anything other then to eat and visit all we can  :)  People visit, kids play and swim in the pool.

Are you getting the idea we just do a lot of visiting? :)

To get direction to the roast:

Click on my name to go into my profile. Look for the area where it asks for your zipcode  to get directions.  Thats us!  Harrison MI
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

farmerdoug

Jeff,  I noticed that you mentioned that the "kids play and swim in the pool".  Is this for Furby's attention? ??? :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Furby knows hes welcome in the pool, long as he leaves the log out. ;)

Come on Doug, ya gotta come. Take a breather for a few hours...

farmerdoug

Jeff, I am working on it.  Saturdays are payday for me but I am working on it.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Furby

Well, I sorta gotta stay away from the pool so that there isn't another "incident" like last year. ::)
Good way for me to get my clock cleaned! :o

Unless of course Taylor and Donna are not going to make it this year. ;D

OneWithWood

Jeff, did ya mention plenty of visitin'? 

Jeff did mention things get going Friday afternoon as folks lend a hand setting things up, blessing the pig, testing out the liars circle and such.  This also gives a body some time to get started on the all important visitin' because come Saturday a whole bunch more folks show up to visit with.

Saturday is for marathon visitin' while eating to sustain your visitin' stamina.

Now if you do wear down some on Saturday or you just did not get in the proper quota of meeting folks there is another opportunity come Sunday as a group assembles to clean up Jeff and Tammy's place to spic and span like it was on Thursday.

I certainly hope my voice and shakin' hand hold out cause I want to meet each and everyone of you.

Oh, I almost forgot - Furby will be handing out Paschale's prized cookies non-stop so be sure and get one  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

Better be there on Tuesday if you even want a chance at them cookies, there sure won't be any left come Friday! ;)

pigman

".....cookies, there sure won't be any left come Friday!"    I wonder how a roast fat furby will taste on Saturday? smiley_headscratch

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

I may have to redesign the roaster. I hate to do that cause I just gave babe the blue Ox hog roaster a touch up paint job. :D

Furby

I've had several months of free food so I'm already up several pounds anyways. ::)

OneWithWood

Quote from: pigman on July 18, 2007, 10:46:27 PM
".....cookies, there sure won't be any left come Friday!"    I wonder how a roast fat furby will taste on Saturday? smiley_headscratch

Bob

probably light on the palette with hints of dark chocolate and mint  :D
One With Wood

Furby

Kinda like a McD's minty mudbath shake ???

Paschale

Furby, you better make sure OWW gets the first cookie, since he definitely seems to have mint chocolate on the mind, and if he doesn't get his share, I'll never hear the end of it.   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

WDH

Puh,

My fingers are exploding from voting for those explosion cookies ::).  My appetite is wanting to get even with my fingers (if you catch the drift ??? ;D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Furby

Thinking I'm gonna raise some piggy roast funds by holding a cookie auction! ;D :D

farmerdoug

I think that there is going to be a Furby hanging upside down from one of Jeff's trees. :o :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Furby

Think so eh?
So ya gonna be there to find out for yourself ???

Furby

Word has it those cookies will be in my possession for better then a week.
Hmmmmmmmm............... smiley_big-grin2

OneWithWood

Gonna be a real test of somebody's will power  :D
One With Wood

Jeff

Paschale has sent me a message that he will be numbering the cookies and embedding a corresponding chip in each one. They have a signal life of pigroast+24 hours.  My dog ice has been fitted with a receiver and has been trained to know whether any more then two signals come from any one human source. She is willing nad (sorry, typo) and  looking forward to repeatedly and jabingly point out with her nose certain regions on these multiple signal hits.

farmerdoug

Now Jeff, Furby just might enjoy that so there goes all of the cookies for sure now. ;) :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on July 20, 2007, 10:10:59 AM
Paschale has sent me a message that he will be numbering the cookies and embedding a corresponding chip in each one. They have a signal life of pigroast+24 hours.  My dog ice has been fitted with a receiver and has been trained to know whether any more then two signals come from any one human source. She is willing nad (sorry, typo) and  looking forward to repeatedly and jabingly point out with her nose certain regions on these multiple signal hits.

All I can say is that we've been testing it out, and the dog is good...too good. whiteflag_smiley

;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Part_Timer

Furby, Taylor is trying to figure out if a pre emptive strike is in order or if she should just sit back and be good this year.  I know where my money is. :) :)

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Part_Timer

Oh shoot I forgot, The hog roast is just like the forum minus the typing and if someone makes a funny you have to be careful not to spit your drink on them instead of on the moniter.  It's a great time.

Very laid back and informal. No one is a stranger.  Just watch out for the electric wire wraped around the load of cedar on the back of the flat bed. 

If you get lost roll down your window and smell for the hog.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

Quote from: Part_Timer on July 20, 2007, 05:56:57 PM
Furby, Taylor is trying to figure out if a pre emptive strike is in order or if she should just sit back and be good this year. I know where my money is. :) :)

I'm guessing I should thank you for the warning ??? ;)
Tell her I'll be packing! :)

Quote from: Jeff B on July 20, 2007, 10:10:59 AM
Paschale has sent me a message that he will be numbering the cookies and embedding a corresponding chip in each one. They have a signal life of pigroast+24 hours. My dog ice has been fitted with a receiver and has been trained to know whether any more then two signals come from any one human source. She is willing nad (sorry, typo) and looking forward to repeatedly and jabingly point out with her nose certain regions on these multiple signal hits.

I haven't even shown up and I already have your plan busted!
You forget, Ice don't care for me, she won't get close enough to point out anything! ;D

Thank You Sponsors!