iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made It

Started by blaze83, July 16, 2007, 04:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Hi Every one,

well I finally made it to Ohio.... pulled a trailor from Seattle, it took 61 hours, of that about 45 were actually drive time. I don't want to do that again anytime soon.. my dad and i are getting ready to start looking into getting a mill. our budget limits us to a TK1220 or WMLT15. if any one has one they want to sell we would be interested. Also any members in eastern ohio that own a mill and want to show it off we would be very interested in seeing them in operation. just put me to work  :D  we are also interested in getting a logging arch and an ATV to get the logs from the woods to the mill, so any suggestions, comments or advice would be greatly  appriciated. it's nice to be out of the big city....had fresh bluegill for dinner the other night...caught them on the flyrod out of my mom and dads pond..... 8)  looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do, hope everyone has been doing well during my time away

God Bless

blaze83
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Jeff

Hey!  Yer close enough for the pig roast now!  If you want to try an arch out, mine is in ohio waiting to be passed on to the next guy.  Quart Low has it still I think.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

Ya never said where in eastern Ohio. That's a big state. ;D
Bill

Left Coast Chris

There is an L15 for sale on Ebay.  No reserve.  May turn out to be a good deal.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

thecfarm

Sounds like you are happy to be in OH.Did you move back to your hometown?Have a land there?I suppose you have trees to cut.Good luck with your big move.Mine big move,about 10 miles away,was here on my grandparents land.There is not a day that went by that I did not dream of living here and there is not a day that I do not pause for a moment and thank the Lord that I am living here and I have a wonderful wife that enjoys it as much as I do.It's a great feeling.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bedway

I surely agree thecfarm. The word contentment has a meaning to it now i never  knew before :)

OneWithWood

Contentment.  Yes, that is an apt description.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

blaze83

Hi guys,

sorry..... My parents have 40 acres outside of cambridge near the small town of kimbolton... it is nice and peaceful hear..... good to be out of the rat race in the big city. I actually grew up in Montana, graduated from Montana State U with an engineering degree and ended up in Seattle working for Boeing. got laid of after 9/11 & started my own business.... after 4 years, some bad advice, and some bad luck I lost my business and decided it was time to go fishing with my dad...... so here I am.  We did a quick cruise of the timber on the property and figure there is around 100K board feet, 75% oak and the rest a mixture of cherry, hickory, walnut ,ash & elm. Our plan is to get a mill and saw the lumber for a shop, and some oak for my mom's kitchen cabinets and then after that who knows. there is probably an additional 20K board feet of  poplar and aspen we plan on using for framing material.  & some were in all this I need to find a job again >:(  just not a millionare yet :D.  hoping to make it to the pig roast, not sure yet

cheers,

blaze83
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Patty

Good to be home isn't it.    Failing at a business is nothing to be ashamed of....at least you had the courage to try in the first place. That is more than most folks!  Right now you need time to heal and regroup. Before you know it, you and your dad will be sawing and crafting up a storm! Look out Ohio!  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Chris Burchfield

You might check with the Woodmizer dealer closest to you for a used machine. You'll have a complete history of the machine plus support. Less I knew them, I'd be a bit bashfull about purchasing a used machine I didn't know nothing about. Good chance you'd get more for your money going through any of the FF guys on the left of the page here.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Quartlow

Well welcome to the Buckeye!!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!