iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw mill blades

Started by bedway, July 16, 2007, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Im haveing some difficulty in finding contacts to order some more blades. The sample blade that came with my Linn lumber mill kit has been sharpened 3 times. I would like to try some different manufactures blades. The blade that came with my kit is a lennox and is .035 thick.  The man that does my sharpening has saw mill background and recommends i go with a .042. Many of the sites ive pulled up only sell for either their make of mill or standard sizes. My mill calls for a 138.750 long.,,,Thanks bedway

Dan_Shade

menominee can make custom length bands, as will woodmizer blades.

both forum sponsors :

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

arkansas

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble but here is a site that has them, alittle pricey but all and all not a bad deal.
http://www.toolcenter.com/WOODMASTER_C.html, I will have to look, I think I have one more from a place called sunbelt industries, http://www.sunbeltindustrial.com/bandsawblade.asp, I have not used sunbelt's blades but price looks interesting.  Just a thought as the sponsors are great here, they would be my first choice if possible.
Working on a hot LT40HD for now

Handy Andy

I get my blades from Cooks, cookssaw.com, they keep track of the length of your blades so they know next time you order.  Make custom sized blades, lots of brands, incl lennox, and some are better.  I like the munkfordsagers. Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

bedway

Marty from woodmizer has been kind enough to have some blades sent for me to try. Ive also followed up on some of your other leads.,,thanks for the help,,,bedway :)

logwalker

Me thinks you will like them. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Thank You Sponsors!