iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new orange toy!

Started by Norwiscutter, July 14, 2007, 07:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norwiscutter

I know this might not be what most of you were expecting, but boy am I happy with it.

It is a kubota kx161 mini with most of the bells and whistles. What a great toy to have around the house.  Hopefully I can keep it busy enough to justify it but I think that there is enough work here to make that happen.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Jeff

I'd love to have that for just a week. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norwiscutter

Ya me too. Maybe I should take it back before the payments start. :D

Dave Shepard

Wow! Very nice! I know these Kubotas well, and that is, in my opinion, about the best you can get in that class.  8) 8) 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Norm

Cool toy!

My backhoe is the second handiest tool on the farm right after the tractor.  :)

thecfarm

What of my friends says,"We could do some damage with that".How many hp?Looks like a new one.I could use one of them,but I spent the money on a outdoor furnace.I would have to buy one ¾ worn out to afford it.I could keep it busy digging out rocks around here.Than I would need something to haul them off with.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Zundapp

Thats a real dandy, even has a thumb on the bucket. How in the world did you get your wife to agree to it ???

TexasTimbers

Now dat rat der is a real mans toy. I only wish you lived close enough that at least you could say "NO!" when I asked to borrow it. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Norwiscutter

It is 49HP and is just under 12,000 pounds with operator so it is actually a bigger mini.  I did quit a bit of research on the mini's in this weight class and I really think it is in the top two currently on the market. I was originally looking at the Cats and Bobcats but found a great deal on this one and started to do some research on the Kubotas. It has 300 hours on it but was a dealer demo, so I still got the new machine warranty and financing. The smaller mini's don't do that well with stumps, so I wanted to go with the biggest machine I could tow without a CDL.  After putting about 40 hours on it I can honestly say there is nothing I would change. Oh, for anyone that is looking at something similar, the power angle front blade is a must have for backfilling.

beenthere

Norwiscutter
Sure will be anxious to see some pics of the stump bustin and backfilling with your new rig.
The one you posted looks good, but some more would be nice too.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!