Sponsors:

FRI 13TH

Started by james, July 13, 2007, 08:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

superstitions  / old myths ? ??? ??? ??? :P :P :P
james

Jeff

Its my oldest sister Ann's birthday.  I actually have two sisters born on the 13th and 4 sisters in all and no brothers. If that aint bad luck I dont know what is.  ;)  (kidding)

I like to tell Lynda that "You sure ain't no Valentine"  as she was born on Feb 13th.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

If you wouldn't of mentioned it,I would not of known.When I'm not working I don't pay attention to what day it is until 4 days are gone.I work 4 days,than have 4 days off.Just another day to me.But if somone wants to see something into it,that is fine.As long as they don't harm old people and little kids,I don't care what they do.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_S.

Back long ago in my dating days, belief in superstitions and/or astrology was grounds for immediate dismissal as a potential long term partner. >:(
I could let it slide for short term. ;D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

sawguy21

My birthday is on the 13th and my closest buddy was born exactly one month after me. We survived it.  ;D Several years ago I called a customer to tell her the order was ready. She replied "Oh no, I never go out on Friday the 13th". ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Carries-Mom

Quote from: Jeff B on July 13, 2007, 09:42:15 AM

I like to tell Lynda that "You sure ain't no Valentine"  as she was born on Feb 13th.

FINALLY.....someone who spells her name like me!!!!  Everyone always assumes it's spelled with an "i".... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Dodgy Loner

My big brother's birthday is today, too.  Looks like a popular day to get older ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

james

I am NOT getting older , balder  , yes , older , I REFUSE ;D ;D ;D
james

OneWithWood

generally my one lucky day  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Cedarman

Is triskaidekaphobia curable?  Isit an excuse to do very little today?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

TexasTimbers

tri =3, deca = 10,  triscadeca I get it.

Seen a discover or history channel show once that King Louis the something killed a bunch of Knights Templar on Friday the 13th to wipe out the debt he owed them. He had borrowed a bunch of money from them to finance his war with England.
This is my recollection of it. Subject to correction.

Just another day for me. A bunch of zealots getting wiped out by a pagan king does not change the way I view my destiny. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Don P

One favorite trip in my younger days. We went climbing on Devil's Courthouse rock on Friday the 13th. Devil's Courthouse is in Transylvania County, we spent the night at graveyard fields. Everybody survived  ;D

Now the day I got my truck totalled out from under me, got a rental and then got a speeding ticket... that was a friday 13 too  :D.

Yesterday was uneventful, but I did meet a new plumber, we killed the end of the day in conversation. Turns out his mothers grandaddy built a number of the local iron furnaces. So that was a fine 13th to me  8)

LeeB

I proposed to my lovely bride on Friday 13th some 30 years ago. I'm still not sure if it was a lucky day or unlucky. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

mike_van

I got Lyme disease yesterday, how lucky is that?  Earlier in the week, I pulled two deer ticks out of me, late yesterday, the fever, headache, joint pain started. I had it 5 or 6 years ago, it kicked my butt for about 5 days. So, I called the dr. this AM, [none work Sat. of course,] he says " just go to the ER"  Well, our insurance won't pay for the ER if it's not "life threatning"  so I guess I'll be miserable 'till Mon.  >:(
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: LeeB on July 14, 2007, 02:26:45 PM
I proposed to my lovely bride on Friday 13th some 30 years ago. I'm still not sure if it was a lucky day or unlucky. :D

Unlucky, if she see's this post. Lemme see, where did I put Lee's phone number . . . . . . ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!