iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

18" chippers

Started by Climber, July 12, 2007, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Climber

Hello,
Is any one can give me a feedback on different 18" chippers? I just got Vermeer BC1800XL. I am feeling it has some feeding mechanism issues. How about different brands?

dancan

what kind of issues do you feel you have ?

Climber

Whern lardge log going to feed rollers the bottom portion is spreding, hovewer the top is not. Some think like this / o\.

dancan

i'm not familiar wit the vermeer but on the bandits that i used the top roller is spring loaded so it can take larger logs , is that what your talking about ?

rebocardo

Never used one that large ...  Is it spring loaded so it grips the log tight so when it hits the blade it doesn't jump back (makes sort of a triangle vise) and feeds straight without getting angled?

The top one (powered in feed) is pushed down by a hydraulic ram and the two side ones just grip and float?

Which is the problem with the 6" smaller chippers, their (side) feed rollers are fixed so a crooked branch/tree either breaks or gets jammed instead of getting straighted out as it is being fed.

thecfarm

How many hp on that thing? Is this a new one?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Climber

Vermeer has 2 vertical rollers. Whey are sliding on one horizontal rail which is located on top.
As well the springs are pulling two rollers ONLY on top. So what is happened: Log goes in, bottom portion of rollers are speeding but top is holding by springs and resist and whey (top) spreading less then bottom. The result is two rollers are not parallel, whey crooked and whey jammed on sliding rail.
I tried to drop one spring and it worked VERY well, but only on large logs. Small (10") ones not enough pulling power.

Chipper is new.
115 HP, but the problem is before any chipping happened. When it's in – kiss goodbye.
Woodmills1 and I stick 18"x 20" and it went through. Bottom line: horse power is enough.

thecfarm

Call up the dealer and get them out there,if you have too.You might hear,"Oh yea,we're been having some problems with the adjustments of the rollers."I hate it when I buy something new and it don't work the way it should.I work too hard for my money not to be happy with a product that I just spent a bunch of money on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PB Logging

Not sure  about vemeer but out 2400 Morbark has treated us well for thousands of hours now....

Climber

How much weight 2400 Morbark?

PB Logging

not sure about the weight but it rides behind  2 ton dump nicely....

Thank You Sponsors!