iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another members table from wood off my mill

Started by Daren, July 11, 2007, 02:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

My Dad (registered as "fitter" here) came by my sawmill and dragged a couple boards home to make a coffee table. A 24" wide curly maple slab and a piece of walnut....the pictures cannot do it justice, it's sharp.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

WDH

What OWW said.  It needs said again.  It is beyond sharp.  I like the design.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

Very cool.   I hope he has some nice coasters. :D

Was that cut from a silver maple?  The one in your avatar?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

IL Bull

El Nice-o  (two years of Spanish in high school) :D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

ely

Dodgy Loner

I want a 24" wide curly maple slab :-\.  That's a beauty, Daren.  Your dad is a talented woodworker with a good eye for design! :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

pigman

I like that table. 8)  It is cool how the top looks like it is floating above the frame.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

When I see a tree, I have to look at the bark and the leaves and the fruit, etc.  It is a real problem.  The first thing that I thought of when I saw that table with the floating top was what it must look like from the bottom up :).  I am intrigued by that floating top.

Walnut and maple make a real sweet couple ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_van

Superito el jobo - [3 years of Spanish in hs]  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Tom

Yo soy un muchacho.  (I visited moms spanish class one day when I was about 8 )

what a beautiful table.  The wood is really pretty, but your dad sure has an eye, Darin.  You gotta be proud of him.

OK!   Where's fitter?

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Tom

Tha' s the San Francisco interpretation, Dodgey.  :D

Dodgy Loner

I speak better Portuguese than Spanish, anyway ;)...or should I say, eu falo português melhor que espanhol :P

thurlow

Диез, очень острое.............. , диез, острый;

Didn't have any Spanish in HS;  it wasn't offered;   we (including teachers/administrators) were so ignernt we didn't know we would need Spanish.  Duh.......the only Spanish I know is Sargeant Garcia, Zorro  and Elfago Baca.   :)

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: thurlow on July 12, 2007, 06:25:40 PM
Диез, очень острое.............. , диез, острый;

Hmmm...In Russian, that means "Sharp, very sharp.............., a sharp, sharp"  Was it intended to make sense ???

thurlow

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Dodgy Loner

Ahhh, it's all coming together now.  By the way, Tom, I just remembered that soy means "I am", while tengo means "I have".  So your previous comment makes a lot more sense now :D.

Daren

I took 4 years of Spanish in HS, and am married to a Puerto Rican...I only remember the basics and of course regularly hear words that cannot be used on a family friendly forum   :-X . But I am smart enough to know the context in which they are used means trouble for me most often :D

fitter

This is fitter. Hey guys thanks for all the comments. But lets face it, that piece of wood
is so nice, I could have set it on four cinder blocks and it still would have made a nice looking table.

Daren

Dude, look at you, your first post after 2 (?) years of  smiley_computer_monitor here.

Quote from: fitter on July 12, 2007, 09:25:27 PM
I could have set it on four cinder blocks and it still would have made a nice looking table.

But you didn't, you made a killer table (must have been fresh out of cinder blocks  :D, and improvised with walnut)

Quote from: WDH on July 11, 2007, 11:38:41 PM
Walnut and maple make a real sweet couple ;D.

Indeed  8)

WDH

Quote from: Daren on July 12, 2007, 09:56:41 PM
But you didn't, you made a killer table (must have been fresh out of cinder blocks  :D, and improvised with walnut)

Fitter, this response is in English.  Not Spanish, not Portuguese, and not Russian.  "That is one awesome killer table.  Cinder blocks ???.   On a scale of 1 to 10, cinder blocks are a .0000001 and that table is a 10 ;D :D 8)".

I still would like to look at it from the bottom up (in case I ever wanted to try to build one) ::).

Norm

That is a beautiful table fitter. I'm like WDH though and would like, if not to much trouble, to see how you did the underside work. :)

metalspinner

2 years?!?! :D  I can't keep my mouth shut for 2 minutes. :D :D

Welcome aboard.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!