iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WELCOME NEW YORKER!

Started by redpowerd, April 01, 2003, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

i see theres a new member from new york, msouthwi. welcome, stay long.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

Sorry to disappoint you redpowered but he apparently did not like my pointing out that his first post was very much like an ad.
He included "Is anybody interested?" quoted prices for his proposed equipment and uploaded diagrams "because his pictures were too big".

He then told me to slow down and said that this forum does not foster new ideas. That was not a good thing to say to me, but apparently he was not going to wait around for me to answer, he deleted his membership and drug up. I deleted that thread, more for his sake them ours.

This forum does not foster new ideas? Come on...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark M

So then, what was he sellin?

Jeff

Mark if you want this to be a free for all links and ads site it aint going to happen.

If you really need to know, feel free to post your name, address phone number and social security number, they will find you. ;D

EZ

Mark M

I was just curious, sorry :-[

dail_h

Shoot and I was all set to razz him .A new yank,well spit!
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

dail_h

Well,I messed that up.Meant to add-Boy that Jeff don't miss a trick,he weedsem out fore they git started good.Must of had sperience with wild grass,johnson grass,kudzu, or multiflora rose.Inlaws maybe way to go Jeff
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

redpowerd

my apoligies, just stumblin thru the map and saw a yank joined and thought to welcome. i watch fer canadians close by, too. guess ill start readin their intrests closer, mabie i didnt pick up on his words. :-X
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

biziedizie

Jeff I read the post that he sent and me thinks that you did right. Have a question for you though, if a person is promoting their own mill is that ok? Just wondering!

Steve

Jeff

BD, most of my (unwritten) rules, if thats what ya want to call them are in place to protect you guys from ads and spam and unwanted contact. If you are an upstanding member of this forum I have no problem with a plug of what you do, but I would rather you do it in the place I created for that. The commerce section. A member has a bio area in profile where you can promote your mill or business, and you can also link to a webpage in that profile. That creates a link on every post you make.

We do have 1 very good sponsor to date and hopefully some of these companies that find the forum of benefit will want to join them. I don't try to hardsell that, but its something thats needed to help support this place. The forum is actually a part time job for me as it gets at least 2 and at times many more hours a day of my attention for maintenance and improvements. I don't and won't take a sponsor lightly. They have been good enough to find this forum an asset and a benefit to the forest community and to those that need information. Sponsors have the option of my creating a announcement board on the forum for them. As of yet they have not used that option. It would look like any other forum other then it can't be posted in by other then the sponsor to tell you about things going on with them. Future sponsors may have that option also.  Saying that, I am protective of what is posted here at that level. The folks from the other mill manufacturing companies that frequent the board have all been gentlemen about that sort of thing and usually don't flaunt it to bad. A well timed post on a relevant subject is usually taken in stride.

Eat at Joes[/color][/size][/b]

What I don't want is people that join this forum ONLY for promoting a product or soliciting its members. There is a higher purpose here and if I have to tell an individual what that is, it means they don't know us, have not taken the time to know us and certainly are not eligible to use the ads section or the forum as a free ad. :)

biziedizie

Ahhhh I get where you are coming from Jeff! I'm kinda light headed today as I feel like @#%^@ it's just that I saw a post that involved promoting a sawmill company and thought that it shouldn't belong but now that you explained it to me I understand why it's here.
  I do get why you don't want ads and all the other junk as we really don't need it.
  Another question is what does it cost to be a sponsor here? I know you have a place for this question and I can ask you there if you want.
  Oh yeah I ate at Joe's and it was some fine eating!  :D
  Keep up the good work!

Steve

Jeff

There are several things that would determine the cost of a spondsorship as there are different things we can do. Where all the links are, whether we list you in the newsletters, sponsors announcment board, stuff like that.

I am considering a place on the left side bar replacing the with a rolling text link list for small companies or individuals to get involved. A very minimal charge there. A company would automatically be listed if I built and maintained a webpage for them. Example, Tomsaw and halraylog would be on it. (They like the idea but don't want to be first. ;))

To date I have turned down several inquiries for sponsorship because they just don't fit. The sponsor has to be good for the forum and its members and guests.

Jeff

I think I know the post you are referring to and it got my attention.

biziedizie

OK I'm going to stand inline as well and see who jumps in first! For us little guys it would be good to get a deal for one line ads that say that we sponsor. Even a tag at the bottom of each post would be a good thing. I do think that Paul should dive in first! What do you think Paul? ;)
  As far as the post I just find that these guys only talk when it concerns them making a buck and that kinda bugs me.
  Anyways that's my 2 and a half cents!

Steve

Jeff

I understand people will think different things about peoples motives when it comes to making a post. I would just like to have an understanding here that I, Tom, Ron, Ron, Kevin, and Paul all take part in decisions. If a post is made that is over the line or brushing up real close to it one of us will certainly know about it and will take care of it in a way that befits the Forum.

I refuse to let this Forum sink to the level I have seen on other boards. There will be no posies or slamming or lynch mobs or any type of inappropriate actions taken against inappropriate posts. One of the admins will see it and will handle it. If someone sees something that we may have missed simply send one of us an instant message. There wasn't really any real reason for my last statement other than it was on my mind and I wanted it to be on record somewhere.  :)

ohsoloco

I have witnessed the lynch mob on other boards, and must say that it's VERY refreshing not to see that kind of thing go on here.

This is such a great neighborhood to be in  :)

Paul_H

Steve,
I'm not a good diver inner.But thanks for the tip on Joes ;D

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Your welcome Paul, btw how are things going in your neck of the woods? I hear the sun is out and you are all making money!

Steve

woodmills1

[size=8]EAT PEAS[/b][/size]
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

redpowerd

soon there will be no unwritten rules. clarifying dem rules sometimes requires crappers like my fellow yank to test the line of our omnipotent admins. we (members) all appreciate and enjoy the fact theres a laid back, witty, informative forum to express our woodsyness. thanks jeff B.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!