iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made Sawdust Saturday

Started by jason.weir, July 02, 2007, 07:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason.weir

My brother and I went down to JSNH's (John S.) house on Saturday to see his operation. 

He was sawing pine and let me take a turn as the sawyer - THANKS!!!  It was a blast.

Here are some pictures of the event..

---------------------------------------------

Here John is explaining to me where not to put my hands (and other parts) so I won't forget.

Setting the depth of the cut

I'm on my own

John was kind enough to offbear while I tried not to screw anything up

I can't thank John enough for taking the time to show a new saywer the ropes and let my brother and I crawl all over his mill and related toys.  We took lots of pictures, asked a ton of questions and had even more fun..

Now I've got to get off my duff and get our mill up and running, so I can return the favor for the next guy..

Thanks!!!

Jason Weir
Chichester, NH

brdmkr

Now THAT is making sawdust 8) 8) 8).  It looks like you guys had a great time!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Firebass

Wish I had that background on big circle mills.  I would love to build one of those beast.  Just because ;D

Thanks for the pics

Firebass

beenthere

Jason
Do you have a copy of the "Circular Sawmill and Their Efficient Operation" publication by Stan Lunstrum?

Circular Sawmill booklet

May be very helpful in your endeavor. Includes some of the basics and such.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mike_van

Lookin' good Jason - Build a roof over that mill soon - Hey do you know Daryll Carlson? He's around Chichester.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Larry

Great pictures with a good story.  Thanks for taking the time to share Jason.

And to John...that looks like a great operation...when is the next tour? :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Sprucegum

Thanks for sharing the pics and the fun  8)

I like the depth gauge - is that a factory built or did he make it up himself?

JSNH

Jason it was a joy sharing my sawmilling stuff with you. I am glade you enjoyed sawing. Most people are more than a bit nervous around a big blade. You did great. All the wood we ran through the edger sold the next day. hope to see you again soon.
Larry any time you want to stop by ,stop in. It looks like you are a bit far from New Hampshire.

The depth gauge is store bought. I have seen them on other mills. It came with my mill. if anyone knows where I could fing a new one let me know. Mine is a bit worn in spots.

Thank You Sponsors!