iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EZ Boardwalk Owner Who Wants to Show Off Their Mill

Started by mechengineer13, June 29, 2007, 12:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechengineer13

Was wondering if there was anyone in the South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia area that has an EZ Boardwalk sawmill that would be willing to show me its capabilities.  Fat Olde Elf was kind enough to let me try his Cooks MP32, I was impressed, and there are a couple of other mills I would like to check out before I make my purchase.  I'll offbear for free as long as I get to make a few passes through a log.   smiley_mad_crazy

brdmkr

I'll be happy to let you run my Lucas for some offbearing assistance ;)

Seriously, I'd like to see an EX Boardwalk myself.  The angled head is at least a novel approach.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

mapletree

You could come over and see mine but the drive to northern Wisconsin might be a little far,but you may have enjoyed the 75 degree temp today. I called Edward Zimmerman the owner of EZ Boardwalk and asked where the closest mill might be to you and  said to give you his #xxx.xxx.xxxx and he will help you out.  If his # gets deleted I will PM it to you . 

I sent the phone number to mechengineer13's IM inbox.
Perhaps Mr. Zimmerman would like to join us.
admin

I like the way the angle cut enters the wood.  I think it has a better chance starting a straight cut than when it starts across the width of the log.  It is heavier built than the other mills that I looked but is still in the price range of the others.
If I can figure out how to up load photos I will.

brdmkr

Hey Mapletree,

I would be interested in hearing more about the mill.  I have only seen a picture or two.  WHen you say it is heavier built than some of the other mills what specifically are you referring to?  It is hard for me to tell from the few pictures what the deck is made of etc.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

mechengineer13

Sorry to just now be replying, but we had some vicious storms come through yesterday that knocked out internet access.  Lost my wireless router to a storm earlier in the week.  Was in the process of unplugging it because of the storm when it got zapped in my face.

Thanks for the replies guys.  Boardmaker, I will likely take you up on your offer here and the one you made earlier, if you're ready to feed 6 feet and 235 lbs of offbearer. ;D

brdmkr

Quote from: mechengineer13 on June 30, 2007, 11:30:10 AM
Boardmaker, I will likely take you up on your offer here and the one you made earlier, if you're ready to feed 6 feet and 235 lbs of offbearer. ;D

I don't remember the earlier offer, but it sounds like it has something to do with food ???

If so.... NO PROBLEM.  I'd be happy to feed you.  It's the least I could do for a days work ;)

beenthere

brdmkr
You have already heard about the peas, haven't you ?  Maybe Tom or Charlie can enlighten you... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sgtmaconga

I have a timber king 1220 if you want a slower pace than the WM guys
Measure twice cut once

brdmkr

Quote from: beenthere on June 30, 2007, 08:24:57 PM
brdmkr
You have already heard about the peas, haven't you ?  Maybe Tom or Charlie can enlighten you... ;D

I do remember something about some peas, but I don't remember any of the details ???

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Furby

mechengineer13

Furby

No, but if it's too big it won't fit in the can. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!