iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

International wire transfers from a credit union?

Started by JimBuis, June 28, 2007, 09:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

Okay all wise ones,
I need to do a wire transfer to New Zealand from my American credit union. I went to the CU yesterday with the company bank information yesterday to do the wire transfer and was told they could not do a wire transfer with the information I was giving them. The company's form says "Please arrange an International Telegraphic Transfer / Swift MT103". My CU says they need a seven digit routing number for the company's bank.

Have any of you ever experienced this?

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those deals where I will need to open up a bank account just to do this transaction.

All words of wisdom appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

I'll send you a PM on what I know (little) about it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

Jim, call Lorraine here in the office tonight (she's working today).  She has had a bunch of experience with wiring to NZ. I'll pm the number.

Captain

JimBuis

Well, I think I know a little more about this topic now. It seems that my credit union can make wire transfers within the U.S. only, but can receive international transfers. I don't really understand this.

I went to my son-in-law's bank with him a few minutes ago and had him wire the money to NZ and I just wrote him a check.

I have not had a bank account for over 20 years. I have instead always had a credit union account. I guess I may need to get a bank account for moments such as this.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Thank You Sponsors!