iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New camera

Started by Ianab, June 28, 2007, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Finally got around to getting a new digital camera  8)

Ended up with a Sony cybershot H7
http://www.sony.co.nz/products/product/digital-still-camera/all-cyber-shot/dsch7b.jsp

WAY COOL camera  8)

The zoom lens is about the best I've seen on any camera.

This is the view from my office window...

A crop of that picture where you can see the Windwand kinetic sculpture and Paritutu rock on the horizon.

With the max zoom setting.

And a crop of that shot showing the lamp on top of the wand.  :o

You cant even see it in the first shot.

Then playing around from the kitchen table, a starling on the lawn about 30 feet away.

Tried some close up shots in the fish tank to test the macro setting. This little fellow is about 1.5" long.

And a face only a mother could love, my big catfish from up close. No flash or bright lights, just the normal room lighting.

Anyway... if you are looking for a new camera and dont want to spend up large on the DSLR units this is worth a look. Think it will set you back about US$400 in the States. VERY cool camera :)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tomboysawyer

bedway

Very impressive, compared to my old Kodak,,,bedway

thecfarm

Does a MUCH better job than our sony cybershot,at a cost of $125.This is our first digtal camera to get us into the 21st century.That would be well worth the money.I guess I better get off this thing and go earn some money.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OneWithWood

Pretty cool, Ian.

Did you cut down all the tress in town?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

LeeB

i think it's broke. It transposed all the pictures of the cars, got them driving on the wrong side. :D :D Really sharp pictures Ian.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!