iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

URGENT REQUEST

Started by sawman, June 26, 2007, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawman

As some of you already know , Cory , our son in law, was shot in Iraq in January.

He had surgery last thursday for some reparatory surgery. Just heard from Tara, our daughter, and he is in emergency surgery right now, infection or some sort of problems.
  Please lift him up in prayer as you read this.
                                                                              Thank You and God Bless
                                                                                           Larry
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Norm

We are hoping for the best Larry, let him know we're all praying for a full recovery.

beenthere

Will be done. Wish you all the best, and Cory a good recovery.
Prayers for all those still in danger too.
I pray that the people we helped there will soon find the means to govern themselves and we can back out. Thanks to our soldiers, many have it better there, but not good enough for us to leave. (my opinion anyway).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpy

My best wishes and prayers for him.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Carries-Mom

We are praying he makes it through ok.

ADAMINMO

I will have him and your family in the prayers of my family.Best of luck and may he have a terrific recovery.
Adam

Woodbender

Larry - consider it done.  I'll pass this on immediately to my prayer chains in Canada and Australia & Israel.  I consider it an honor to pray for your Cory.  I was born and raised in the Marines.

And for goodness sake let us know how things are going.
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)
Be an example worth following.

thecfarm

Prayers are there for Cory.Glad I could be of some help to you and your family.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Patty

I sure hope Cory is ok and this surgery is successful. I have said a prayer for him.  ;)

Please let us know how he is doing as soon as you can.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

sawman

Thank you all.
Just got home from work and Tara had called just a little while ago.
Cory made it thru surgery ok. Apparently what had happened , he had coughed hard enough to pull some of the internal stitches and there was some leakage into abdominal cavity. Then there was an infection at the incision on his chest.
  Things are looking good at this time.
   Once again thank you all for your prayers, support and concern.

God Bless,
                                                                          Larry                   

Wallenstein FX85

Ironwood

Good to hear he is doing OK.

My son at four months had open heart surgery. He ended up with a staph infection and they had to reopen him to "clean him out", it was REALLY scary. They gave him the biggest GUN antibiotic avaialible at the time. I am cry just thinking of it. Any how the time we spent at Childerns Hospital in Pittsburgh was a real eye opener for me. Some of the families with children in the ICU had PLASTIC name tags. We were fortunate, we got the NICE paper ones. They had put a "seep tube" around his heart to carry off any build up after surgery. I was there when they pulled it out, it was LONG  :o After that experience it puts EVERYTHING else into context. He just turned 5 and is totally normal and healthy.

Thank Cory for his service to our country. I think of our service members over there alot, I was a solider. I really feel for all the families. Alot of things go on behind the scenes over there that we don't even know about. Tell him THANKS.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

jerry-m

Just now read  this, Glad he is ok for now... Prayers sent for continued improvement and complete recovery...

Cory Thanks for you service to all of us,   Jerry
Jerry

TexasTimbers

Glad for Cory sawman. That's great news.

Reid. As a dad myself I can't imagine what you must have went through. I now understand your avatar a little better. I'd have him up there too. My daughter was born purple and not breathing. They rushed the crash cart thingy over to her and worked on her for what seemed like forever. But they had her breathing and crying in no time. My little ordeal was over almost as soon as it started. You and your wife must have been through hades and back with worry. I am glad he made it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Woodbender

Whooo  yeah
Rock n roll
Huzzah ! !
8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Quote from: sawman on June 26, 2007, 05:07:17 PM
  Thank you all.
Just got home from work and Tara had called just a little while ago.
Cory made it thru surgery ok.
(snip)
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)

fat olde elf

Cory and his family are in our prayers...We thank him for serving. My nephew,
Sgt Richard Randolph is proudly serving in Iraq.  God bless America....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

sawman

Update on Cory,
      Has started the beginning stages of pneumonia, they have him back
in intensive care to keep close eye on him.
      Tara said he had been up and walking around some, and that he
has been feeling quite a bit better, in spite of the pneumonia.
      Thank you all again for your prayers support, etc.
       We all appreciate it very much.

God Bless,
                                                                  Larry     
Wallenstein FX85

Woodbender

Larry - how's Cory doing today? Hope they keep him walking a tad if possible.

Quote from: sawman on June 28, 2007, 05:29:46 PM
  Update on Cory,
      Has started the beginning stages of pneumonia, they have him back
in intensive care to keep close eye on him.
      Tara said he had been up and walking around some, and that he
has been feeling quite a bit better, in spite of the pneumonia.
      Thank you all again for your prayers support, etc.
       We all appreciate it very much.

God Bless,
                                                                  Larry     
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)

Left Coast Chris

We are praying for Cory.  Thanks from our family to yours for his service and courage.  May the Lord touch Cory and the doctors for the best possible outcome.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

sawman

Just got word that Cory is back in surgery again, not for sure on exact details but thers is some sort of complications.
   When he gets out of surgey and stabilized enough to trave they are going to fly him to a hospital in Landstuhl.
    Wife said Tara is about to lose it, which is understandable to me, We still need all the prayers we can get at this time.
       Thanks again for your prayers and support. Will update as soon as we learn more.
                                                                                God Bless,
                                                                                  Larry
Wallenstein FX85

Carries-Mom

We are still praying for Cory and the whole family...keep us posted

sawman

Cory made it thru surgery again.
  I'm not for sure what happened this time, but once again things are looking
better.
Tara said they are still going to transfer him in the next few days.No later than Monday as it stands right now.

Thank you all once more.
                                                                                   God Bless,
                                                                                      Larry
Wallenstein FX85

Woodcarver

I'll be praying for Cory's continued recovery, Larry.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Thank You Sponsors!