iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now a word about the sponsors.....

Started by DR Buck, June 19, 2007, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Over the few years I've been milling  and a member of this forum I made a number of purchases from some of the forum sponsors.  In fact, after looking at the sponsor links, there are very few that haven't gotten some of my money.  :D ;D :D ;D :D

Most recently I've had a experiences with two of them that warrant this testimonial.  :) :) :)

The first is Rust Reaper.   I know there have been a number of other post discussing how good this stuff is.  However, after finally getting the chance to use Rust Reaper on my 1974 F500  I can say this stuff is AMAZING !  Lug nuts that havent been off in years, rusted bolts and brackets under the frame and brake line fittings so corroded you couldn't even tell what size they were all came loose without breaking or striping anything.   8)   This stuff is GREAT !   If you haven't tried it yet, get to their web site and place an order.

Second, I'd like to commend the OUTSTANDING service and support I received from Eggiman Motors (Burlcraft).   Not only was Steve able to locate all of the parts I needed for the above mentioned F500,  he also sent them out to me as soon as he had them on hand.  I know finding stuff for a 1974 model is difficult.  All of the local parts places here in VA thought I was crazy  ( ;D  they may be right) trying to find stuff for that antique.  Steve even included extra parts  where the right version couldn't be determined to make sure I received the correct ones. All this without having received any payment from me!.    Tonight while boxing up the unused parts to send back to Steve, (still waiting for the bill)  it dawned on me that there are not many business that work like this and put the customer first anymore.   Eggiman and Burlcraft are a real class act. 8) 8) 8)   Send your business their way!

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

The cream always rises to the top ;).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

crtreedude

Sounds really good - but I have one issue with what you said.

You act like 1974 is old - I will have you know I am considerably older than that and just nicely broken in...  ;D Of course, finding parts for me is probably a tad difficult too.  :D

Wait, are we talking vehicles?!  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

submarinesailor

My wife thinks of me as an old vehicle - for money and movement.  Does that count??? ::) ::) ::)

Bruce

DR Buck

Thought I'd bring this back to the top to thank the sponsors that provided the OUTSTANDING prizes for this year's pig roast.

You guy's ROCK!

smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause smiley_applause

dewwood

Could not have said it better! 8) 8) 8)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

DR Buck

I thought I'd bring this back on top as I had the occassion to "share the wealth" with another one of the  great FF sponsors.    So far I've spread a little of the wealth around to the following:

Wood-Mizer
LogRite
Eggiman
Sawmill & Woodlot
Wood-Mizer Blades
Timber Wolf
Cooks Saw
Carl Neutzel Services
Logosol
Rust Reaper  ----- Rust Reaper saved my but again last night.  8)

I think there were some others that are no longer around but I could be wrong.  ???

Burlkraft

Thanks Dave   ;D

It was a pleasure to be able to help you out!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

petefrom bearswamp

Maybe Im a klutz, but rust reaper has not performed any miracles for me as yet
Perhaps i expect too much but rusted parts from many years ago ignore this stuff.
Please tell me how to use it.
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

Depends I suppose Pete. I've found old metal that was rusted so bad the nut looked like it was pretty much welded to the bolt or shaft. Probably laid in the mud for 60 years. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Quote from: petefrombearswamp on June 04, 2010, 06:57:14 PM
Maybe Im a klutz, but rust reaper has not performed any miracles for me as yet
Perhaps i expect too much but rusted parts from many years ago ignore this stuff.
Please tell me how to use it.
pete

Don't know what to tell you other then to count yourself in a very smallminority.

How much do you have left?  I'll gladly buy it from you. I'm getting low.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

maple flats

If you have any specific  problem getting Rust Reaper to work on your specific item, contact them. They will give a detailed use proceedure for what your problem is. This is after using it according to label directions. They are great about answering your questions.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

OneWithWood

Pete, do call Mike and ask his advice.  I know you will find him most helpful.

There are some rusted parts that just are never going to come apart but the other 99.999% will eventually succumb to Rust Reaper.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

scsmith42

I too have had very good success with RR.  Just yesterday it helped me to get a stuck exhaust housing off of a turbocharger.

I'd like to add Captain (TimberPro) to the list of great vendors.  I don't know if he is on the current vendor list (has been in years past), but I've had great service from him and Lauren on supplies for my Peterson.

Eggiman has provided me with great advice in the past (thumbs up Steve!), and also all of the FF members that I've had dealings with have been straight up and great.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

I had a problem with a stuck key on a table saw motor shaft.  I just could not get it free.  I went to the Pig Roast and won a small bottle of Rust Reaper as a door prize.  I squirted the Rust Reaper on the offending part, waited a few minutes, and it came out smooth as silk  8). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!