iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Compromise in Marriage

Started by Paschale, June 16, 2007, 12:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

[

This is a case of give and take.   ;D

Can you make out what the building says?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Radar67

Looks like somebody got an old tractor in exchange for a visit to the quilt museum.  ;D

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

Quilt Museum  If it has some really old ones they have some interesting materials and patterns.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Quartlow

I'll probably catch it for this. I don't call that a compromise  :) I actually like checking out the quilts at the Canfield fair every year, and they get quite a few. Of course I tend to think of them more as art than a quilt. I'm one of the lucky ones though my wife likes looking at the old tractors.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WDH

Something tells me she wasn't just looking :D.  You don't carry quilts home on a trailer ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

I thought marriage was a compromise.  Got married and every DanG thing I wanted to do has been compromised.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thurlow

Been marriet  :) 41 years;  took a LONG time to resolve the different issues.  Eventually, you realize the stuff you used to fight about doesn't really matter.  I believe that you either grow closer together or fall further apart.  Buried 3 grandparents (one died before I was born); all 4 parents, her only brother;  she's had breast cancer;  no children of our own, so it's only natural, I suppose, to turn to and lean on each other.  I know I've hi-jacked the thread (so what else is new), but she's my best friend, in addition to everything else.  She's gone off yesterday, last night and today with a sister and niece;  if she brings home a quilt or something else, more power to her.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Texas Ranger

I agree, thurlow, been hooked up with the same ol' gal for 37 years, we are almost used to each other, may take another decade or two to rub down the rough spots, but seems to work and I wasn't the only one that got "compromised".  She got me, ya understand.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Paschale
Didn't know ya had a red truck.....and were into tractor haulin (and especially didn't know you were into the comprimisin part yet... ;D ;D). Are congrats in order here   ::) ??? ???

Been in marital bliss now for 46+ years now, and "we" are into the quiltin big time... ::) ::) ::)  That could be where she is today.... ::) ::) ???     ;D ;D   

(or does this belong in the "Crazy Things My Spouse Does" thread).   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paschale

Quote from: beenthere on June 16, 2007, 12:12:43 PM
Paschale
Didn't know ya had a red truck.....and were into tractor haulin (and especially didn't know you were into the comprimisin part yet... ;D ;D). Are congrats in order here   ::) ??? ???

Been in marital bliss now for 46+ years now, and "we" are into the quiltin big time... ::) ::) ::)  That could be where she is today.... ::) ::) ???     ;D ;D   

(or does this belong in the "Crazy Things My Spouse Does" thread).   :)

Well, I sure wish I had a red truck, with a tractor towed behind, though I'd prefer an orange one.   ;)  And as to the congrats, I hope to one day report on here that congrats are in order, but not yet.  I'm still a lone wolf, despite many vain attempts otherwise.  ::) This is just something I saw that cracked me up, so I had to grab a shot.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!