iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

spell checker ?

Started by Daren, June 15, 2007, 12:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

This was one of those silly email forwards...that I get far too many of  ::) I just copied and pasted it. It was interesting how you can read right through it like was spelled correctly (it says not everyone can, but who knows) I really can't spell very well, although my vocabulary is large. It is weird my wife and I fit well in that way, she can spell words she doesn't know what they mean and I know many words and can't spell most of them. We are constantly asking each other (me) "How do you spell-----" and (she) "What does-----mean?" I guess if we had each other to cheat off of we would have both got better grades in English  :D...even though she does have me by 2 languages Spanish and French.
Anyway this is the text someone sent me (I ain't making fun, but it does look like some of the posts here anyway)

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

WDH

Interesting.  I had no problem with reading it at normal speed.  Maybe they are right, or I have a weird brain :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thurlow

Quote from: Daren on June 15, 2007, 12:17:40 PM
(I ain't making fun, but it does look like some of the posts here anyway)

How about naming names (of the guilty posters)?  By the way, you're not paranoid if people really are out to get you.   :)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

limbrat

Yea but you sitll got to get the fsirt and lsat lteters in the rihgt pcale.
ben

Daren

I will be honest I understood that text better than "yooper night"   :D  thurlow I am not naming any names, they know who they are  :-X. I am guilty when I am on the laptop the keys are odd to me and I am too lazy to go back and correct any mistakes I see.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

metalspinner

Read it at a normal pace.

A couple weeks back, I gave a talk on wood to the first graders' at my sons school.  A week later, I recieved a stack of "Thank You" letters from the kids.  Boy, what a ride that was.  The teacher deciphered some of the letters prior to giving them to me.  She should be pretty good at code breaking. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!