iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good infomation

Started by Haytrader, June 13, 2007, 12:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Haytrader

sawguy21

Oh great, just what every twelve year old delinquent needs to know. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Faron

I think that one is a hoax. ???  I'd about bet an assistant opened  it with the magic keychain.  Anyone got a tennis ball handy? :D :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Shotgun

I think it's a farce too.  I happened to have a tennis ball handy and tried it.  No go with either of my Buicks.  Recently, I noticed a fellow in a parking lot that was locked out.  About that time a tow truck arrived and the operator had a piece of flat stock behind the drivers seat.  It took him about 8 seconds to open the door. It took him way longer to do the paperwork than it did to open the door.   :D

I make about two new cans of tennis balls old a week if anyone needs old tennis balls.  ;D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

sawguy21

That piece of flat stock is in every tow truck driver's arsenal. It is called a Slim Jim. It is considered a burglary tool in the hands of most every one else so don't get caught with one. ;)

TexasTimbers

Don't worry fellas - I would not go investing in tennis balls. Pro thieves are not going to drop their current highly effective methods in lieu of a fuzzy ball with a hole in it. ::)

It would be a dead giveaway anyway. Imagine getting pulled over and searched, and the cop finding an open container, roach clips, a couple bricks of hash ...... and then he finds your tennis ball hidden in the firewall. :o

The paraphenalia will get you 3 months and 12 pro, but your goin up for at least a dime on the tennis ball.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Dave Shepard

kevjay, sometimes you leave me  smiley_headscratch. ;D I hope you were on the right side of the law when you found all that out. ;D

I have a rather long drawn out lock out story of my own. Here's a short version. Locked out at the hardware store, pawing through my toolbox looking for a prybar to pry the top of the door out so I can poke the door lock switch with something. Some dogooder comes along and tyies to take over the procedings, offers to call 911 for me  :o, no thanks, I can handle this. Doesn't think I can break into my own truck, it'll never work. Keeps getting in my way as I am walking aroud my truck. I say "aha! I found what I was looking for, do you think this will work?" I ask him. I pull the 2.5 inchx 6 foot ash pole for my ring dog out of the box. Oh, that will never fit in the window, I am going to call 911 for you , they'll help. I said you just step back, and after I smash the rear window out of the truck, I'll let you reach in and unlock the door, hows that? After his hasty retreat, I went in the hardware store and bought a piece of .125x48" steel rod and made a hook out of it. The cashier wanted to know why I was sharpening a piece of metal with my leatherman while I was waithing in line. An experiment, I said. When I got out to the truck, I pried the top of the door out and reached in with my hook and with a quick jerk, I hooked the door lock and was on my way to Taco Bell in seconds. When you're a farmer, there's always a way.

Dave

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TexasTimbers

Hey I  smiley_headscratch half the time when I re-read my stuff too.

Your story is funny. I have noticed that when someone locks themselves out of their vehicle, others who come on scene almost always want to take away the coat hanger or B & E device as if the hapless moron who locked himself out cannot possibly extract himself from the predicament.

It's hard for people to watch someone else fidget with a coat hanger as they think "I would have already been in."

They say things like:

"You want me to try it?"
"Hey lemme have that buddy I'll get it unlocked in a flash."
"I used to lock myself out all the time let me have that hanger."
"Why don't you take a break for a minute and let me try."

I wonder how many people, especially before electronic cars, have come along and unknowingly taken the coat hanger from a thief, got him in, and walked off feeling good about themselves as he hotwired and drove off in his new wheels . . . .  "Thanks alot for the help buddy!" :D

Haytrader

I kinda thought this tennis ball idea was a little far fetched but wanted to see everyones reaction....... ;)

Then you mention a clothes hanger. So, I get this email joke today along the same line. I may get sent to the wood shed or moved but here it is.

THE COAT HANGER
A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her small daughter was very
sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication.
She got back to her car and found that she had locked her keys in the car. She didn't
know what to do, so she called home and told the baby sitter what had happened.
The baby sitter told her that the fever was getting worse. She said, "You might find
a coat hanger and use it to open the door."
The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been left on
the ground, possibly by someone else who at some time had locked their keys in their
car. She looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this."
She bowed her head and asked God to send her help. Within five minutes a beat up
old motorcycle pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old
biker skull rag on his head. The woman thought, "This is what you sent to help me?"
But, she was desperate, so she was also very thankful.
The man got off of his cycle and asked if he could help. She said, "Yes, my daughter
is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my keys in my car.
I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?
He said, "Sure." He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the car was
opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said, "Thank You So Much! You
are a very nice man."
The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison today. I was
in prison for car theft and have only been out for about an hour."
The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud, "Oh, Thank
you God! You even sent me a Professional!"
Isn't GOD GOOD??!!!
Haytrader

TexasTimbers

I don't see why that is Woodshed material. It's funny and has probably even happened or close to it.

Dave Shepard

So, did he steal the car?

A friend of mine used to have a tow truck, and one time he had picked up a lady and her dog. He had to stop for fuel, and while he was fueling, the lady went inside the gas station. While unattended the dog stepped on the door lock button. Apparently the solution is to wave a slim jim, the beefy kind, back and forth until the dog steps on the button again. Oh, his real "slim jim" was behind the seat.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ohsoloco

When I was very small my mom, my brothers, and I went to town for something.  After getting back to the Scout we realized that my mom had locked the keys in the vehicle.  After what seemed like a long time looking the situation over and wondering what to do, I noticed that the lock for the wing by the passenger's window was unlocked.  We opened the wing and wound down the window. 

Any time it's real hot or cold, and I have the heat or A/C running in my truck, I always unlock the wing when I run into the store or to the mailbox.  Maya is good at hitting the power lock button....luckily the window has always been down or I had the key with me...so far  ;)

sawdust

I never lock my truck less I go into the city. Yep locked the keys in, you get real strange looks when you lay under the truck reach up through the rusted out floor and open the door.   :D
84 ford ranger, I loved that truck.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Dave Shepard

Now that's resourceful! ;D Did you order the rust option on your next truck just for those emergency situations?

Dave

sawguy21

Standard equipment on Alberta trucks. :D :D :D

Cedarman

The hardest part of breaking into my 1 ton truck is finding something to stand on to get high enough to get the hanger down in.  I keep the hanger hooked to the back rack.

In the old days they had a knob on top of the lock and you could snag it and pull up. Now, I have sharpend the end and tried to get it to hook the button and no deal. So after trying that for 10 minutes I had the bright idea of pushing the electronic unlocker. Takes just a few seconds to get in now.

How many of you get that great sense of satisfaction when the button pops up and in you go?  It makes me feel good all over.  Maybe its that puffed up feeling after solving a problem caused by thoughtlessness.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Cedarman on June 14, 2007, 07:41:01 AM. . . . I had the bright idea of pushing the electronic unlocker . . . .

I have pulled that one too. 

I can't remember the model car now, but in high school once , 10th grade at Indian River High School Chesapeake VA,  I had the occassion to break into one of the cheerleaders' car after school one day. She had come inside to scrounge a coat hanger and I was in detention but the teacher let me go outside and try and help out the poor little pom pommer.
I could not for the life of me snag either of the lock buttons. It took so long that the teacher come outside to make sure I had not run oft.  As the teach was making his way across the parking lot toward us I felt pressure to succeed, and I finally got the bright idea to pop the passenger side vent open (that dates me a little don't it) and cram my arm through as much as it would fit, gingerly snag the keys out of the ignition with the hanger and hand them to her.
The teacher who taught the communications class and who did not like me and who I did not like either, said I might as well go home since my hour was nearly up anyhow.
That is not the reward I was hoping for at the time. ::)  :-* :)

Stump Jumper

the tennis ball trick sure wrinkled the sheet metal on that nice red car  ::)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

beenthere

Don't forget how handy the antenna can be, once the door is wedged open.  ;D ;D

It makes for a good pusher or to hold an "S" hook at the end of a bungy cord. I've seen it done both ways.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hiya

Something I'm thinking of doing is run a wire from the door lock wire to a
door bell button in the grill on my wife's and daughter's cars. Getting tired of
of paying a lock smith to open their door because they "don't want to bother me" >:(
Now my youngest son will call and want me to drive who knows how far, so he can save his money ::)
Richard
RichardinMd.

mometal77

I was browsing u tube under the word hacker i think they show how to go up and down in an elevator missing all the stops or even sending a message through a jpg format with wording kinda neat tricks out there how to stuff.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Thank You Sponsors!