iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone know?

Started by Furby, June 10, 2007, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

WDH

I am thinking wintercress or yellow rocket.  Genus Barbarea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_cress

Nice pics, Furby :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Sure looks like it. I've never seen it before. The flower, seed pods and leaves remind me of mustard.

Last summer I saw a whole host of salt marsh plants I don't see in my books. Some quite colorful with some unique looking anatomy.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/03-043.htm
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

We have a wild turnip around here that is in that genus. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 11, 2007, 06:44:19 AM
The flower, seed pods and leaves remind me of mustard.

Good observation - they're in the same family!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Furby

The seeds sure reminded me of mustard seeds, so I was thinking along those lines.
I found these when my kid sister and I went up to the lake to open up several weeks back.
It took us a few minutes to figure out what was throwing seeds at us.
It didn't take much for the seed pods to pop open and throw the seeds several feet.

WDH

You still have time to collect a bunch of those proto-mustard seeds, dry them, and concoct a special proto-mustard sauce for the Pig Roast :).

Furby

Nope, they were all done when we were up there Memorial Day weekend.

Thank You Sponsors!