iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Uplifting Lucas Notes

Started by Dakota, June 06, 2007, 12:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

My 86 year old Pop informed me the other day that he didn't think he could help me swap the power head around anymore when I'm double cutting with my Lucas.  I finally took the time to make things a little easier.

I used the framework of the saw to locate the uprights in a place that would facilitate swinging the powerhead around without hitting anything.

I got me some motorcycle tiedowns to use for lifting.

I attached them to the powerhead frame by drilling half inch holes in the frame braces.

The lifting is proveded by a cheap little winch that I bought from Costco for $47.00.  It has a two button remote that leaves one hand free to guide the powerhead down on to the rails after swinging it around.

Works pretty slick.  I should have done it long ago.  Get busy you procrastonators !

Dave Rinker

Part_Timer

nice set up.  Looks like a much better way to do that than some of the other ways I've seen.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

kabe1953

G'day Dakota, if ya take a look back at 1 of my posts you will see a method where you dont have to turn the carriage in order to double cut. It is a lot easierthan your photos, I tried a similar method before I worked how to do it without the turning.
Kerry
Push him he go, Pull him he come

brdmkr

I have been planning something like that myslef.  Cool setup 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!