iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flooding 372 XP

Started by D._Frederick, June 05, 2007, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

I am having trouble starting this saw when I leave it sit for 3-4 weeks, I get it flooded before I get a bang out of it. ( the saw is new and has only 5 or 6 tanks run thru it.

I am using premium fuel mixed 40 to 1 with NO alcohol. Madson's say the carburator  should be re-adjusted after I get 10 tanks run thru it. Saw starts good when restarted every 3-4 days.

JD hauler

I had one too that only had 5 or 6 tanks through it and it acted that way, it was also a tad cold blooded for about 30 seconds or so after starting and then was fine.  I sold that particular saw and a year later have bought a nice clean used 372 and guess what, same thing with it and I know its had alot of gas through it, I think its one characteristic of a 372 from my experience, but there are alot more guys on here that I am sure know more on them, every XP model I have been around was a tad cold natured and tougher to start, I have a 268 that starts in 5 or 6 pulls and can rev right out and is not cold natured at all. dont know why.

SawTroll

My 372xp isn't cold blooded at all, it is the most easy started saw I have, comparing cold saws.

If it tends to flood, push the choke lever in after 3 pulls, even if there hasn't been a "pop", and push it in earlier at the slightest sign that it wants to start... ;)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!