iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HVLP

Started by TexasTimbers, June 05, 2007, 07:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I thought we had a thread on this but scanned all 4 pages and found zilch.

I have been looking at these and am ready to get one. Although I will be using it exclusively for shop woodworking, I'm wondering how long it might take to spray some urethane on 1500 sq feet of exterior siding just once, not like a repeat thing.
I know an airless is more suited for it but I don't want to own another airless. Too much work waiting to happen to often. If I don't own an airless I have to hire big jobs done. ;) But to use the HVLP just once for an exterior siding job - weems plausible to me. Course I don't know that's why I am asking.

Any HVLP officionados have anything they wanna share I am all eyes.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Burlkraft

I been usin' an Apollo 3 stage HVLP for 6 years and wouldn't use anything else. I ain't ever used anything else, but this has worked so well, I never strayed........ ;D ;D ;D

I just got her a new gun and large and small cups fer her birthday....... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

So how much juice can you shoot widit ??? Would you take on a exterior siding job or is that a rediculous expectation for a shop sized piece of equipment.

Gilman

Going cheap you can get a 1 gallan pressure pot from harbor freight and then hook it up to your HVLP sprayer. 
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

TexasTimbers

Well I have one of those pot/canister things, I just don't want to have to refill it constanly. I was hoping for a whole system (not something that runs off my shop compressor) under $1000, well under preferably, that  has a significant reservoir. One gallonish.

Gilman

Just looked it up on harbor freight.

2 1/2 gallon pressure pot for 39.95

93119-1VGA

I don't know of a system with a gallon reserevoir.  Maybe someone else does :-\

TexasTimbers

If i hook that pot up to my canister gun, will it keep the canister full as I spray? If so I am going to order that thing that looks like a good solution if my gun will put out a good and consistent quality pattern that way.

That would mean a wet hose from the pot to the gun though. Not ideal and maybe not doable eh?

Gilman

You'd remove the pot and hook the hose from the tank directly into the gun.

Thank You Sponsors!