iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Training at Wood-Mizer

Started by John_Haylow, June 05, 2007, 06:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Haylow

I'm heading over to Wood-Mizer in Manilla tomorrow for a day of training and maintenance on the used LT40HD that I purchased. They are only 1.5 hrs away from me so I'm lucky that way.

I have done some of the service required like changing the engine oil and filters and some greasing, but I'm sure I still have lots to learn.

I think it is well worth the cost to have them instructing me on the correct procedures and I am looking forward to it.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Tom

Pay special attention to guide maintenance/alignment, tower/head alignment and bandwheel alignment. That is the most difficult to learn from just reading the book.

Don't be ashamed to take notes.  Even pictures with your digital camera might help later.

John_Haylow

Thanks for the good advice Tom. There did seem to be quite a bit to learn on that in the manual.
Thanks again,
John

Tom Sawyer

Brian and Dave are good guys who know their stuff.  They made me feel welcome and were very willing to go over something that I didn't catch the first time.  Have a good time.  Will you be at the anniversary celebration in Manilla in July?  Maybe I will see you there.

Tom

John_Haylow

Things went very well at Wood-Mizer yesterday. As Tom said " the staff there make you feel most welcome".

We changed all the gear box oils as well as the hydraulic oil and filter, drum switches, the auto clutch belt, blade wear pads, debarker blade, added an update diode to both solenoids, and lined everything up.

It was a good day and nice to be shown the correct way to do the maintenance on the mill.

Hope to meet you in Manilla in July, Tom.

John

Tom Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!