iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re-sharp blade packaging

Started by brooksmill, June 04, 2007, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooksmill

Just wondering how you guys package your blades to send back to Woodmizer for re-sharpening.

wwsjr

I ship my blades to Newnan, GA, but I think all locations are the same for shipping. If you have the flat box the WM blades came in, use it. They will probably return your blades in a square box with 10 blades coiled. This box then can be use several times to ship before it falls apart. If you don't have the flat box, use any box you can coil 10 blades, slap on a label provided by ReSharp ( call location your want to use and they will sent labels) and take to UPS. UPS can pickup blades with label at your location if you have boxed and ready when UPS driver comes by. I usually have a box or two ready so when they deliver they can pickup more blades. I keep 2 or 3 boxes in route, being sharpened, or on the way back to me the majority of the time. I think there is an additional charge for less than 10 blades.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

woodhick

By   ALL! means stick with a cardboard box.  Either the flat style or one about 18"-20" cube size.  I went through this some time back to try to find a better container to ship blades.  I found a heavy fiber drum that was the perfect size for 13'-2" blades.  Went to ship through UPS and they charged me a $7.50 extra handling charge because container was not square.  :o   It is in there rules if you read the fine print. 
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Tom

Still,
If you find a drum that fits your coiled blades, it makes a fine place to store them on the back of the truck and mist them with oil.  They may have gum on them, but you can keep them from rusting and keep the weather off, if that bothers you.

Thank You Sponsors!